DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

fix mf map rng

LiviDk

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: lividk
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
hi pls, we just played a FULL game of melting floor (12 people!), and we got the SMALLEST map there is, how does that work
please make system that provides a map accordingly to the amount of players
like, i dont want four players to be put in the biggest map there is, the timer will literally run out (?), pls give us tiny map for small amount of players and the other way around thx

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
Most of the time we have 4-5 ppl so this would be useless, and we would never get big maps

marmitemira

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: marmitemira
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower SPEW
Hello @LiviDk!!

Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion! We appreciate all the ideas you have. This is definitely something frustrating that can happen, so providing a fix would be amazing. I will bring your suggestion up and once the Leadership team has made a final decision I will return back. Make sure to keep an eye on this thread.

Have a spectacular day!

LiviDk

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: lividk
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello @LiviDk!!

Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion! We appreciate all the ideas you have. This is definitely something frustrating that can happen, so providing a fix would be amazing. I will bring your suggestion up and once the Leadership team has made a final decision I will return back. Make sure to keep an eye on this thread.

Have a spectacular day!
so true

marmitemira

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: marmitemira
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower SPEW
Hey @LiviDk!

Thank you for the feedback you provided on this minigame! Unfortunately, this suggestion has been declined for a few reasons. First, Melting Floor games don’t usually have too many players so if this were to be implemented, the larger maps would rarely be used. This would lower the variety in maps that players are able to use. Also, the current maps offer variety as you can play fast-paced games with smaller maps, or slower, relaxed games with the larger maps. We like the difference this provides as every game is not the same. It is also difficult to classify which if these maps are considered large or small, as some are in the middle.

We still appreciate this suggestion and we hope you understand why this decision was made! Any feedback is appreciated and we always love to hear players thoughts!! Thank you and have a great day!

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
sacrificing gameplay for variety is a hot take, but i can accept it ig. i just dont get why a third catigory for medium couldnt be introduced that works with both sizes, seems pretty simple to me. overall im kinda confused, id much rather play on the same map 10x times in a row in a dynamic fun game then 44x in a row (bc the games takes 4x longer) on a slower game. mf is kinda like qb in that it's deviation from inital condition can be purely player driven and not map based (see flying/hns). you cant master a certain map to the same level like those games, but u can master the skills.