DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Flamethrower Nerf

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
Flamethrower can be abused for 5 reasons:
1) The fire effect makes it very hard to see, which is extremely hard to counter when in narrow corridors (which most maps are).
2) The kit has the 2 best items (grenade and TNT)
3) It takes little aiming skill as the AOE is large
4) It has lots of ammo
5) Its range is too far

One of these should be changed, preferably the fire effect - which should instead be changed to normal particle damage to bring it on level with the other guns.

Last edited:

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I agree with the fire effects being a bit much and reducing visibility.
I'd say remove TNT - just leave grenade. Don't add stun though cause that'll be op.
Unsure how big the AoE is, but if it's high then maybe nerf by one?

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
flame is broken, likely bc of the dps/c4 (hard to say which one, i like the fire)

sniper is broken

rifle needs less spread

bowblaster is actually pretty good rn

pistol is fine?

Justin ✓

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Lofwyn
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven SPEW
+1, I thought the sniper was OP but the flamethrower it's becoming sad now. Fighting against a whole team of flamethrowers is impossible and potterworld knows it. Sorry but this has to be changed.

sithvsjedi

New Magician
definitely true, from what i see is flame counters sword and sniper (most of the time), while losing to pistol
there also needs to be more ways to counter sniper as there are spots (big fields) where flame can't reach sniper, which is bad for rebels who need to progress
grenade is a rebel team only thing currently fyi

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
definitely true, from what i see is flame counters sword and sniper (most of the time), while losing to pistol
there also needs to be more ways to counter sniper as there are spots (big fields) where flame can't reach sniper, which is bad for rebels who need to progress
grenade is a rebel team only thing currently fyi

buff the rifle back to being the best weapon in the game and make the others niche upgrades on it

refocus its fire and increase its damage maybe

Aglyn

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Aglyn
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Class Design Arena Grandmaster SPEW Academics Advisor
Hiya, @MattyPoltergeist

I have some great news! This suggestion has been accepted and complete. We have made some small changes to the flamethrower kit in attempt to balance it a little more! We have removed the C4 from the Rebel Flamethrower kit, and also decreased the range a bit from 10 to 7 blocks. Moreover, the number of shots that can be made before reloading is now 10, rather than 20 as it was before. We are still actively balancing everything but hope this makes sense and helps!

Thank you for your suggestion. We're always looking for ways to improve our server.

I hope you have a wonderful day/night!