DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Flowers in map

LonelyDusk_

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Lumya_
Honeybadger Dark Follower Werewolf
Hi, I would like to introduce flowers in the map (specifing also the level).
I think it can be useful for who enjoy making potions or food and sometimes it's frustrating search for them (because we never know the specific flower in a specific area, and we lose so much time)
In a case which there are many species of flowers, you can put a list of them which you can indicate obviously their level.
Maybe most of the people would underestimate this suggestion, but it would be really helpful for me and for others to spare so much time on searching and do our lovely job. ^^
I have no idea if somebody have already suggested this, rejected or not (because of many posts), sorry in case, but I would always appreciate your consideration. ^^

Philip

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: cyym
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Store Intern
Heyo @LonelyDusk_,
I agree with your idea, It would be helpful and time saving for ppl who making potions/food. I get you that can be frustrating when you need to find certain herb for your potion and I also agree that should be added on /map, just add some herb icon to the area where they grow, as it is for mobs.
I'm also not sure if someone already made same suggestion, if not I think your suggestion is very helpful and I hope it will get aprove. If it's doable, also I just want to add fact that if that would be added it can get the map really confusing for some players who are not familiar with map to find something.
In the case that is not doable and can't be added to /map, I want suggest to create some herbalism book with info, where they grow and what they are used for. I know this is not that easy and it can take some time to make it, but I think this would be nice equivalent to you suggestion.
Best regards
cyym

LonelyDusk_

New Magician
Heyo @LonelyDusk_,
I agree with your idea, It would be helpful and time saving for ppl who making potions/food. I get you that can be frustrating when you need to find certain herb for your potion and I also agree that should be added on /map, just add some herb icon to the area where they grow, as it is for mobs.
I'm also not sure if someone already made same suggestion, if not I think your suggestion is very helpful and I hope it will get aprove. If it's doable, also I just want to add fact that if that would be added it can get the map really confusing for some players who are not familiar with map to find something.
In the case that is not doable and can't be added to /map, I want suggest to create some herbalism book with info, where they grow and what they are used for. I know this is not that easy and it can take some time to make it, but I think this would be nice equivalent to you suggestion.
Best regards
cyym
I also like the idea of herbalism book with info :D. And yes, it can take time, but it's worth it.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
Heyo @LonelyDusk_,
Best regards
cyym
This was declined before here but I feel like players could turn the plants off anyway or if not, I think a lost would be very useful

LonelyDusk_

New Magician
This was declined before here but I feel like players could turn the plants off anyway or if not, I think a lost would be very useful
Ow, then they can introduce a function which we can turn on/off the icon. I can understand the adventure of finding them, but for me it's really annoying and I can lose the taste of making potions/food. Well, at least I would like to have a herbology book with all the information :)

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello @LonelyDusk_,

As mentioned already, this is a duplicate of a suggestion found here which was declined. However, I've also brought up the suggestion again to the relevant Leadership Teams and while it's still not something we want to do in this form, we might be looking into alternatives that can tell players roughly where certain plants can be found.
The reason for your suggestion being declined is because we feel like adding so many plants would make the map very cluttered and so players might not want to use it (if it's toggle-able) so it might not really be worth it.
We also don't really want plant locations to be available so easily, as that kind of ruins the gameplay aspect of having to find them (currently the only challenge for herbology) and other games also don't really provide/track the placement of nodes (which is essentially what plants/herbs are). However, we do understand that the current placement of plants is not the best and that's something we will be looking into fixing as well.

On a different, unrelated note, you can use the search function here to filter threads and try to figure out if something has already been suggested. This search function is found at the top of the website next to the "Notifications" tab.

Thanks for taking the time to make a suggestion for the server and have a wonderful day!