DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Flying Class Variations

Wildsam

Animorphus
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Wildsam
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Helper Arena Grandmaster SPEW Drooble's Order
While we get some variety through the different maps, the experience pretty much always remains the same : you fly house by house and the top 4 ends up in finals where they either fly the map backwards, fly another map, or do both.​
Here are two suggestions concerning variations that could be put into place relatively easily, just like Dueling does (e.g. Hunger Games, "Stay In" or Apples VS Humans). There are of course a ton of variations that could be implemented (e.g. flying musical chairs, 1 try (no crashes), capture the flag, etc) but some would need more thought to be put into it and especially time to be adjusted to work properly in the context of a class. I would love to hear what you think about it !​

Variation

Description

Method

Distance​

Each house has a set amount of time (e.g. 120-180 seconds) to complete an evolutive flying course that gets harder and harder as you complete stages. Every time you reach a checkpoint, the amount of AC you earn increases, up to a cap if you reach the end before the timer ends. Once the timer reaches the end, magic is disabled and players can interact with a block or a NPC to leave the class and receive the amount of AC they earned based on their last checkpoint.​

By house​

Points​

Each team has to go through a small flying course (same course, but separate ones to split teams). At the end of the course, there is a NPC (or else) that adds 1 point to the team’s leaderboard. The player is then teleported back to the start of the course where they must fly again to add another point to the leaderboard. The first team to X points wins and gets to go to the next round, each time increasing the amount of AC received at the end of the class.​

House vs. House + Finals​

OR​

4 teams of 5 players (on repeat) + Finals​

Jake Cresswell

Notable Magician
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: jake_ft
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Lead Prefect Discord Moderator Jr. Professor SPEW Sr. Architect Store Intern Drooble's Order Lead
I really like the idea of playing capture the flag or musical chairs in flying classes! I definitely agree that other versions of flying class would be cool, especially when there are smaller, surprise flying classes for the European timezones and not many people attend, meaning house races are often small groups and we might as well race all at once. Different modes would allow for these smaller classes to last longer and create much more variety in the classes available.

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
I like this idea, but maybe not for flying classes, but more for flying challenges. I feel like the flying classes don’t happen that often and I feel like they are a good “practice” for newer players to eventually move on to the challenges hosted by the arena team, as those are a bit more difficult and of course, challenging. I like the ideas but I’m just not sure if they’re good for normal flying classes.

Jake Cresswell

Notable Magician
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: jake_ft
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Lead Prefect Discord Moderator Jr. Professor SPEW Sr. Architect Store Intern Drooble's Order Lead
I like this idea, but maybe not for flying classes, but more for flying challenges. I feel like the flying classes don’t happen that often and I feel like they are a good “practice” for newer players to eventually move on to the challenges hosted by the arena team, as those are a bit more difficult and of course, challenging. I like the ideas but I’m just not sure if they’re good for normal flying classes.
That's a good point, as I agree flying classes, as they are, are a good way to earn some AC and are good fun. They are also a great way for new players to get used to the flying mechanics. Instead of classes or challenges, the new ideas could be minigames instead, such as a magical capture the flag instead of it being a scheduled class or challenge. They could also be introduced as one of the games within the Perty Games minigame.

Lynn

Graduate
That's a good point, as I agree flying classes, as they are, are a good way to earn some AC and are good fun. They are also a great way for new players to get used to the flying mechanics. Instead of classes or challenges, the new ideas could be minigames instead, such as a magical capture the flag instead of it being a scheduled class or challenge. They could also be introduced as one of the games within the Perty Games minigame.
Ooh! I also like the idea of it being implemented as minigames. Good idea!

Wildsam

Animorphus
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Wildsam
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Helper Arena Grandmaster SPEW Drooble's Order
Thanks for sharing your opinion ! In the end, I simply hope flying activities (classes, minigames, challenges, tournaments) get diversified ! It would be great to see new opportunities to practice as well !

Lynn

Graduate
Hii @Edgar!

Thank you for suggesting this! As I have mentioned before, I am very intrigued by this idea! As I am now a Poltergeist, I will bring this up to the Poltergeist team, so we can discuss it. Once a decision has been made, we will reach out, so keep an eye on this thread!

Thank you again and I hope you have a magical day!

Lynn

Graduate
Heyaa @Wildsam !

I am happy to let you know this suggestion has been accepted! We like these ideas as variations of flying class, but it is up to Academics whether they want to implement these flying ideas. We sadly cannot make Academics members do certain lesson ideas if they do not want to, and especially with flying, professors might want to stick to more popular styles of flying classes. Therefore, still will be marked as accepted, but once again it's really up to the professors whether they want to implement these or not.

Once again thank you for making this suggestion and I hope you have a wonderful day!