DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Flying mini game

Engelhardmarcos

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: M_Engel
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Arithmancer
Hello, I know I'm recently new on this server (Only started the beginning of this year) and flying is one of my favourite mini games and it's a good way to practice for flying classes, challenges and tournaments. However, most of them has different maps (and most of them confusing for beginners like me) or doing backwards which is indeed a challenge because me and I believe most of players are so used to fly forward.

So, my suggestion is the following: Having the possibility of doing a challenge/tournament map on the mini game and even appearing maps where we start doing backwards which not only make the mini-game more interesting and even the players who play a larger amount of time than me would feel a challenge since they already know the map courses so well.
Even if the RNG of being picked has lower than the currently available, I think it would make a challenge and motivate every player to continue it.

Thank you for looking, and I appreciate the time of seeing this thread and I would love to see other's feedback! :D

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
I would support adding more flying class maps to flying, but tourny/chall maps should be reserved for them only. The idea is that challenges themselves are practice on the maps. The flying minigame should build enough skill that you can qualify, and it does this pretty well. In regards to going backwards, I dont feel like that would be desirable for a large amount of people. Maps already can get confusing, and doing it without the arrows seems like a bigger hassle. Just work on the mechanical skills and the rest will come :)

government_h

New Magician
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: government_h
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Drooble's Order
It would be quite nice to be able to practice these maps a bit more outside of the events, as they can be very confusing/disorienting, mainly for newer players and if one doesn't qualify the first round, one doesn't get the see or practice the other maps either.

For the people that have played these maps many times before and usually win at the events, it probably wouldn't make much of a difference, as they know these maps quite well.
For newer players it might be an incentive to participate in the challenges due to feeling a bit more secure about the maps.

That being said, I can understand that for challenge/tournament maps it might not really be possible or desired, but it would be neat to at least have all the class maps (finals) available in the minigame and therefore a bit more variety. As Engelhardmarcos said, maybe even with backwards variants of the maps, that would add even more variety to the game.

Another idea could be mirrored versions of the already existing minigame courses.
It may sound stupid, though I've seen it in a different racing game on another server that added mirrored tracks and how well people responded to that, as it provided, once again, somewhat more variety and also a rather fun challenge, as ones brain is kinda conditioned to seeing and playing a map a certain way and when suddenly you have to go right, instead of the usual left, it can be confusing, yet fun and spark new interest in playing again.

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Heya @Engelhardmarcos !

Thank you for suggesting this, we always appreciate new suggestions! I do like the idea of adding more flying class maps into the flying minigame to practice them, therefore I will be bringing this up to my fellow Poltergeist team! We will then discuss it, and once we've received a decision, we will update you on this thread!

Thank you once again for making this suggestion and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Heya @Engelhardmarcos !

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been declined. While we want to ensure there is a good variety of maps in the Flying minigame, we would like to add new maps with specific themes that fit better with the minigame, as class maps can vary significantly with their themes. We also do not want to add Arena maps, as these maps are meant to be unique and players are only meant to get to play them during challenges or tournaments. We would also prefer to keep a bit of an overlap between the classes and minigames maps, but we may bring some of the class Flying maps into rotation for special events. We would rather add new maps for the Flying minigame than to implement class maps into the game.

Thank you once again for suggesting this, though! We always do appreciate everyone's feedback and ideas for the server! I hope you'll still have an amazing day!