DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Flying Practice

GayThePrayAway

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: GayThePrayAway
Honeybadger
Hey there o/
I'm writing this because i believe that there should be a world where you can practise a wider variety of broom maps, not limited to the flying minigame as you need 4 people to play and you have to wait 5-10 minutes or more to play again and you usually get a map like hogsend, i think being able to practice Flying class maps would be alot more fun than the small and cramped maps on the flying game mode

just like there's alot of different dueling halls, the only way you can practise flying is in the flying gamode, flying class, or that tiny one at the quabbleball pitch,

Of course, i dont believe that the ability to practise should be limited to those who have a broom as there's alot of people who are just starting out in the game any will probably get little to no chance outside of class and the flying games to practice

i dont know how many people will agree with me on this but in my opinion it's something that i personally will use alot due to the fact that the Flying class maps are much superior than the flying game

Many Thanks,
GayThePrayAway

Puppet

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: PuppetM
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hey, I think this is a pretty cool idea and something I as well would like to see added. It can be scary joining flying class and not knowing the map. So, being able to practice outside of class and minigames would be cool!
C-Joshuaa.png

FlatJambo

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: FlatJambo
Honeybadger Auralock
I would love to get better at flying by practicing on my own in another world! Minigames need other people and are timed. This would be really cool and you can learn at your own pace!

LonelyDusk_

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Lumya_
Honeybadger Dark Follower Werewolf
Hey there o/
I'm writing this because i believe that there should be a world where you can practise a wider variety of broom maps, not limited to the flying minigame as you need 4 people to play and you have to wait 5-10 minutes or more to play again and you usually get a map like hogsend, i think being able to practice Flying class maps would be alot more fun than the small and cramped maps on the flying game mode

just like there's alot of different dueling halls, the only way you can practise flying is in the flying gamode, flying class, or that tiny one at the quabbleball pitch,

Of course, i dont believe that the ability to practise should be limited to those who have a broom as there's alot of people who are just starting out in the game any will probably get little to no chance outside of class and the flying games to practice

i dont know how many people will agree with me on this but in my opinion it's something that i personally will use alot due to the fact that the Flying class maps are much superior than the flying game

Many Thanks,
GayThePrayAway
I agree with your suggestion, also because the only way I learnt to fly was the minigame and it would be cool practicing by your own with no limit of time

Spaghetti

Magician
Minecraft IGN: spaghettisliert3
Auralock Raven
I totally agree! Even though I have joined quite some flying classes, I still encounter new maps periodically, especially while competing in tournaments. It's really frustrating to 'fail' at obstacles where more experienced players easily fly through. At this learning pace, my friends group will never be able to beat the pro's. Adding a practice mode like you propose would enable us to gain flying experience outside of the classes/tournaments, that only happen every so often and switch maps every time.

GayThePrayAway

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: GayThePrayAway
Honeybadger
DISAGREE. The fun part about flying is you don't know the map by heart the first time you fly it in a class or challenge. If everyone can fly the maps 24/7, it gets boring and less fun.
yeah i completely understand your point but in the flying classes once you've played for long enough you already know the maps, on the off hand i disagree with the fact that it will get boring as sure, you may know the map, but you'll still be racing against other people at the same time, which can easily affect performance due to stress or the like, it's just like the flying minigame, you know the map after a few goes but it's still fun to play against other people,

you being a graduate i dont doubt that you most likely know all the maps, but put yourself in the position of someone who is new and maybe not that familiar with flying, never really standing a chance in flying lessons and failing at almost every hoop you need to pass through, in my opinion that isnt that fun at all

Some players may prefer not knowing the maps and finding out in classes, but i'm sure alot of people will agree with the fact that if the recourses to practice are readily available, it is up to those who play to decide whether or not to use them

Maxwheell

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Maxwheell
Phoenix Serpent
Heres the thing with this idea. Challenges are meant to be practice for tournament maps. I also feel like everybody has been in the spot where there not good at flying because they dont know the maps its just a faze of getting better the way you improve is attending classes and challenges. I personally dont think they should add the maps specifically from tournaments atleast. Maybe classes because those are already on the mini game maps so i dont think it would hurt anyone.

Puppet

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: PuppetM
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Heres the thing with this idea. Challenges are meant to be practice for tournament maps. I also feel like everybody has been in the spot where there not good at flying because they dont know the maps its just a faze of getting better the way you improve is attending classes and challenges. I personally dont think they should add the maps specifically from tournaments atleast. Maybe classes because those are already on the mini game maps so i dont think it would hurt anyone.
I have to agree with you on this. Personally I don't really mind which maps it is.. But just something we can practice flying outside of class/minigames would be nice.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
frankly challenges are already creating a culture where a ton of people have them memorized. I dont even go to more then 1/2 the challenges and im getting them memorized. Adding this in is overkill and would make memorization even easier then it already is.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya @GayThePrayAway!

Thank you for creating your suggestion and sharing it with us! Additionally, thank you to all who have made feedback/commented on this thread. These will all be taken into consideration. At this time, I will bring it up to the rest of the Poltergeist team to go into further discussion about your suggestion. Once a decision has been made by the leadership team, I will return to you as soon as possible with a response, so keep an eye out on this thread!

Thank you again and I hope you have a lovely day!

Mekala

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Mekala_
Honeybadger Auralock
Hello again @GayThePrayAway!

Thanks for being so patient while waiting for a response. I am pleased to tell you that your suggestion has been accepted! We will look into the possibilities of adding a separate area where you can practice your flying skills. This could potentially include the maps used during flying classes, but the overall implementation may vary, so be on the lookout. This, however, will not be done soon, as our team is currently working on the release of other content. In addition, the Arena team will add a way for players to practice Arena flying maps outside of the challenges and tournaments. These, however, will only be hosted through the Arena Training Sessions and therefore won't be added to the live world. More information about those sessions was released during the recent Game Design Q&A.

Thanks again and have a fantastic day!