DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Friends Feedback - Development Team

Deniz

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: DenizTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP SPEW
Hey everyone!

The Development team is currently planning on going through some of our older plugins and giving them a bit of a makeover. One of the plugins we’re starting with is Friends!

There’s no ETA for this, but it is something we have planned - and with this, we’d love to hear if you have any ideas for what we should change. We’ve gone through the list of approved suggestions and added them to the list of changes we’ll be making. Here it is:

Certain:
These are ideas we will be making with certainty.
  • Sort /f list by their online status (so online friends are shown first).
  • Remove the friends limit completely.
  • Add the option for GUIs for specific commands like /f list, /f requests, etc.
  • Add your friends’ current server to /f list, so you can see where they are (a minigame, housing, etc)
  • Make certain messages clickable in chat, e.g. when you receive a request, clicking the message to accept it
  • Fixing /f notify
  • Fixing /f requests so you can see every request you have. This would most likely be a GUI command only, to avoid chat spam (if you e.g. have 50+ requests, like me!). This will also be done to /f invites.
Maybe:
These are ideas we are currently considering and have not decided fully on.
  • Add an option to mark a friend as your ‘favorite’. These friends would be the first in /f list, regardless if they’re online or not.
  • Add the option to receive Discord messages when your friends log on to the server (and when they log out).
    This would be a toggleable feature.

Why: Maybe players would be more inclined to log on when they see their friends logging on as well.
  • Receive a message when your friend changes server or does something specific.

Why: It could be a nice feature for friends who care about where their friends are, and it’s toggleable after all, so players who don’t want this can just disable it.
    Why not: This could be spammy, and perhaps is more fitting for parties.

Examples:
    • DenizTM has joined World 2
    • DenizTM is queueing for Party Games
    • DenizTM is visiting Droobledore’s housing
  • A friend icon in the tab list to indicate they’re your friend, so could be like 🤗 DenizTM. Only you would be able to see this.
Please note that your idea may not be something that we would be interested in doing for a variety of reasons, e.g. takes too much time, is not possible, is not something we’re interested in doing, etc. We most likely won’t respond to each idea, but if we hear something we like, we will add it to the list! Also, please keep all comments related to the thread and keep arguing somewhere else. Off topics will be deleted or edited without warning. We'll probably leave this thread open for around 1-2 weeks.

We’re excited to hear the ideas you have in mind and want to see on the server! Thanks everyone! :D

Mateo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: daance
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent SPEW
I think it might be nice to phase out commands completely and make it a /shop sort of thing where everything is manageable in the gui, bc it's doable and would be convenient! Like for example removing a friend could be done by shift right clicking their head in the gui or something, with a confirmation, and any other command functions could be incorporated in there as well.

Charcole

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: ColeTheCapybara
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
I personally prefer having commands to a GUI, so having that optional for the player makes the most sense to me.

Add the option to receive Discord messages when your friends log on to the server (and when they log out).
It would be nice if it was possible to choose certain friends to have this for as I can definitely see this being nice, but not being something I would want for every friend.

Add an option to mark a friend as your ‘favorite’. These friends would be the first in /f list, regardless if they’re online or not.
I definitely want this to be a feature, but I personally think it makes more sense if the favorited friends appeared right after the online friends, rather than the order described. (If they are offline, that is. If they are online, then of course they would appear first in the online friends)

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
The Development team is currently planning on going through some of our older plugins and giving them a bit of a makeover. One of the plugins we’re starting with is Friends!
1.18 Preparations yes ? woo hoo !

Add an option to mark a friend as your ‘favorite’.
"Pin friend to the top" instead of "Choose a favourite one".

I personally think it makes more sense if the favorited friends appeared right after the online friends, rather than the order described.
The pinned friends should always be on top, no matter if they're online or not. What if 50 friends are online but the pinned ones are not ? Who wants to go through multiple pages just to see if 3 people are online.

Receive a message when your friend changes server or does something specific.
That seems too spammy indeed. Perhaps scrap this version and just add the ability to see if your friends are online on Discord and invite them from the game. They'd recieve a link which would take them to the specific server instance, maybe even automatically join the minigame queue if they're in one, if that's possible.

Why: It could be a nice feature for friends who care about where their friends are, and it’s toggleable after all, so players who don’t want this can just disable it.
What about showing their location in the list when they're online ?

* Player1 🟢 Dc [Droobledore's housing]
, ,Player2 🔴 Dc [Invite]

Something like that

Charcole

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: ColeTheCapybara
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
What if 50 friends are online but the pinned ones are not ?
The most amount of friends I see online at one time is around 12-14. I can't say I could see a time where there would be 50 friends online, haha.

Who wants to go through multiple pages just to see if 3 people are online.
You would not be going through multiple pages to see if 3 people are online, since if the friends were favorited and online they would appear first in the list. The only time you would want to see your favorite friends if they are offline is if you wanted to see the last time they were online, really, and so scrolling through a few pages to see that seems fine in my opinion.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Add an option to mark a friend as your ‘favorite’.
Add a way to show these favorite friends as NPCs on the main player's housing - possibly cap favorites at 5 per player?
Or possibly create one of those holographic displays for a player's friend's list in their own housing.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
You would not be going through multiple pages to see if 3 people are online, since if the friends were favorited and online they would appear first in the list. The only time you would want to see your favorite friends if they are offline is if you wanted to see the last time they were online, really, and so scrolling through a few pages to see that seems fine in my opinion.
i think it would be much more visually easy to have friends ‘pinned to the top’ instead of having to work out who is offline by some sort of process of elimination. I think you would generally have very few people pinned, so it would be much easier to get through the shorter list of pinned people first than the longer list of everyone online

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
If a player pins a friend who is offline, said friend won't show up at the top, which would make the player think that the pin command doesn't work. You could say that adding a confirmation message "<Name> pinned to the friendlist", however, I don't think it'd change anything from a UX standpoint as there wouldn't be an instant visible feedback and the player would still need to check if that specific player is actually pinned.

Yellow_Flower

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: TheVirgoKid101
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Hey everyone!

There’s no ETA for this, but it is something we have planned - and with this, we’d love to hear if you have any ideas for what we should change. We’ve gone through the list of approved suggestions and added them to the list of changes we’ll be making. Here it is:

Certain:
These are ideas we will be making with certainty.
  • Sort /f list by their online status (so online friends are shown first).
  • Remove the friends limit completely.
  • Add the option for GUIs for specific commands like /f list, /f requests, etc.
  • Add your friends’ current server to /f list, so you can see where they are (a minigame, housing, etc)
  • Make certain messages clickable in chat, e.g. when you receive a request, clicking the message to accept it
  • Fixing /f notify
  • Fixing /f requests so you can see every request you have. This would most likely be a GUI command only, to avoid chat spam (if you e.g. have 50+ requests, like me!). This will also be done to /f invites.
Maybe:
These are ideas we are currently considering and have not decided fully on.
  • Add an option to mark a friend as your ‘favorite’. These friends would be the first in /f list, regardless if they’re online or not.
  • Add the option to receive Discord messages when your friends log on to the server (and when they log out).

Why: Maybe players would be more inclined to log on when they see their friends logging on as well.
  • Receive a message when your friend changes server or does something specific.

Why not: This could be spammy, and perhaps is more fitting for parties.

Examples:
    • DenizTM has joined World 2
    • DenizTM is queueing for Party Games
    • DenizTM is visiting Droobledore’s housing
  • A friend icon in the tab list to indicate they’re your friend, so could be like 🤗 DenizTM. Only you would be able to see this.
Please note that your idea may not be something that we would be interested in doing for a variety of reasons, e.g. takes too much time, is not possible, is not something we’re interested in doing, etc. We most likely won’t respond to each idea, but if we hear something we like, we will add it to the list! Also, please keep all comments related to the thread and keep arguing somewhere else. Off topics will be deleted or edited without warning. We'll probably leave this thread open for around 1-2 weeks.

We’re excited to hear the ideas you have in mind and want to see on the server! Thanks everyone! :D
Maybe allow people to teleport to other friends. Like if one friend was in Antrum while you were in Portstead, and you wanted to hang with them you could just tp to Antrum where they are. We could also have an option to turn joins off for people that don't want other tp'ng to them.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Maybe allow people to teleport to other friends. Like if one friend was in Antrum while you were in Portstead, and you wanted to hang with them you could just tp to Antrum where they are. We could also have an option to turn joins off for people that don't want other tp'ng to them.
I like this idea, but I think there has to be a cost to use it. Maybe add a third warp point in our warpkey bags but only use it specifically for Friend Warps. Could cost 5000g to open and then cost a flat rate of 25 firedust to use with a 30 minute cooldown. These numbers could change, but overall I like the friend warp idea of yours.