DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Gauntlet Level

Mxckeyyy

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Mxckeyyy
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
Everyone knows that gauntlet is recommended to players who are lvl 80 but why?

Let me explain- Gauntlet has dailies which are in cycle with dungeon and gauntlet and swap each day, but why have gauntlet set as a recommended level of 80 when thats the max level? I believe that the recommended level for gauntlet should be set to 70 this way its 10 levels of the recommended level for dungeon and makes sense to other players. Why have dailies set for gauntlet if you have to complete the game before being able to start it or have a chance of surviving gauntlet.

I feel that with the gauntlet set lower it means that players who are level 70 will be able to participate and gain xp as those players who are level 80 dont need the xp and they probably dont need the gold as they get it from ac whilst us who are lower spend the ac into xp because we want to get up or put it into gold for housing. But gauntlet level needs to be dropped to 70 to make slight lower level players play it for dailies and gain xp and gold whilst playing.

HektorTM

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: HektorTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I believe the level you can unlock gauntlet is 71 but its RECOMMENDED to be lvl 80. As gauntlet is supposed to be endgame content i think its good where it is right now!

Wildsam

Animorphus
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Wildsam
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Helper Arena Grandmaster SPEW Drooble's Order
I agree with Hektor. The lack of endgame content is noticeable, so nerfing the gauntlet to make it more suitable for lower levels when dungeons exist would be unfortunate.

Mxckeyyy

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Mxckeyyy
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
I believe the level you can unlock gauntlet is 71 but its RECOMMENDED to be lvl 80. As gauntlet is supposed to be endgame content i think its good where it is right now!
But why have Gauntlet give you sooo much xp if gauntlet xp is useless at lvl 80? Being level 70 or 71 pushing for 80 still classes as graduate and it still classes as endgame cause your pushing through the final levels. as a lvl 72 now was 71 when i tried gauntlet i found it extremely hard to even attempt to stay alive maybe it was because i didnt know what i was doing or maybe because every boss was level 80, but who knows. My point is theres no point setting there to be loads of xp for something mostly on level 80s do.

And sam yes i understand there to be dungeons but when your 10mil off levelling up from 72-73 the 150kxp that you get really doesnt make much of a difference, plus dungeons are meant for lvl 60s pushing to lvl 70. but i still feel that lvl 70s or 71 upwards should have more of a chance of fighting dungeons as level 80s dont need the xp cause your already max level and dont need the ammount of xp it gives you. In fact im pretty sure when you reach lvl 80 it doesnt even give you any xp but thats iirc.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
But why have Gauntlet give you sooo much xp if gauntlet xp is useless at lvl 80? Being level 70 or 71 pushing for 80 still classes as graduate and it still classes as endgame cause your pushing through the final levels. as a lvl 72 now was 71 when i tried gauntlet i found it extremely hard to even attempt to stay alive maybe it was because i didnt know what i was doing or maybe because every boss was level 80, but who knows. My point is theres no point setting there to be loads of xp for something mostly on level 80s do.

And sam yes i understand there to be dungeons but when your 10mil off levelling up from 72-73 the 150kxp that you get really doesnt make much of a difference, plus dungeons are meant for lvl 60s pushing to lvl 70. but i still feel that lvl 70s or 71 upwards should have more of a chance of fighting dungeons as level 80s dont need the xp cause your already max level and dont need the ammount of xp it gives you. In fact im pretty sure when you reach lvl 80 it doesnt even give you any xp but thats iirc.
its not useless for lvl 80, its fun and its a nice income of gold. It allows you to earn a new spell, so its also a challenge in a way. The xp it gives was only added later on as another way to level up.
About it being too hard for you, well, gauntlet requires at least 3 people. A lot of people play gauntlet on a daily basis and can carry you if needed. It will only get easier as you level up (unless you start having issues with horrible lag and can no longer do it)

Liz Frogg

Magician
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: cxrzyyy
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Design Poltergeist Drooble's Order Engineer Intern
Hi, @Mxckeyyy and all others who contributed to this thread!

This suggestion is unfortunately being declined. Players who are level 71 and above are able to play the gauntlet already. It is meant to be more end-game-level challenging content and thus is aimed at the highest levels. As mentioned above, slightly lower-level players are able to play with higher-level players to help them through it. We may have future gauntlets that have lower recommended levels!

Nonetheless, thank you for your suggestion! We love to hear everyone's opinion. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!