DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Gear change feedback

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
After I noticed that I wasn't really lucky with gear since the change, and after some people agreed with me in global chat, Zmiya told us that gear has become more rare. He couldn't explain this in details because he doesn't exactly know what has changed (is it the quantity of gear pieces dropped or it's just the legendary gear that is rarer to get). Anyway, this was never officially announced and Zmiya says that even staff don't know exactly what has changed, but that "it's just a small mistake" by the staff team who "forgot to mention it in the update". Anyways here's my feedback. No matter in what way gear is rarer, I don't think it's the right choice as we don't get the crafting materials anymore, which were the only constant profit from farming mobs. Now, you only depend on your luck. Before, you could farm enough materials for crafting (which are the only materials people actually bought, beside the quest ones which don't really exist for graduates) to get gold and save extras so you can craft a legendary gear item by the time you got one from recipes but now if it's rarer, you don't profit at all and it takes even longer to get a legendary piece. Also, it's unfair that chests don't match with the update at all because you still get the same amount of gold and recipes as before, while mob farming has been nerfed a lot.

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I would understand why you would want rates to go up, but since mob farming isn't the only way to get gold I don't see it as much of a problem. IMO lowering the rates is better for gameplay since crafting was removed. Anyways you only need like 2 good legendary gear recipes to be set on gold. Anything past that is only for store trades and bragging rights.

Llama

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: iSpitLikeALlama
Auralock Griffin Werewolf
Gold does not have much of a use right now, so it's not like we need to stimulate the economy a lot and increase rates. It can be frustrating to grind for a long time, but this very good gear is rare for a reason.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I would understand why you would want rates to go up, but since mob farming isn't the only way to get gold I don't see it as much of a problem. IMO lowering the rates is better for gameplay since crafting was removed. Anyways you only need like 2 good legendary gear recipes to be set on gold. Anything past that is only for store trades and bragging rights.
First, we don't even know what rates decreased, and that really makes a difference when compared to other ways of getting gear, specifically chest looting. The amount of gear recipes that I get from chests seems the same as before, so if they only lowered the amount of gear recipes dropped from mobs - that's totally unfair. If they decreased the chance of getting a legendary item, that's another story. Anyway I think it's best to wait until they return the NPC that buys the materials, gear and broom recipes and see how the overall profit changed.

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
The amount of gear recipes that I get from chests seems the same as before, so if they only lowered the amount of gear recipes dropped from mobs - that's totally unfair.
Unfair to who?

How do you know that they didn't lower the rates of gear in chests? You can't make a certain claim just by feeling its the same. What if staff thought chests didn't give enough gear recipes, so they when they lowered the rates of recipe mob drops they decided it was fair to keep chests the same. You don't have this information so I don't think you should toss around the word "unfair". Correct me if I'm wrong but your suggestion is to revert the changes made to mob drop rates for gear recipes. Except you say you don't even know how much it has changed. I'd say just wait a bit next time before making a suggestion to gather more information because we don't know if the change really matters.

To be honest I'm not even sure if anything changed at all, staff can be wrong sometimes. Especially since it seems like you didn't get a clear and concise response.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hi @Ivan_!

On behalf of the Poltergeist Team, we appreciate you taking the time to create and share with us your feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve the server to make it fun and fair for everyone. At this time, I will bring up your feedback to the rest of the staff team for further discussion. Once a decision has been made, I will return to you with a response as soon as possible, so keep an eye out on this thread for any other updates!

Thank you again, and I hope you have a great day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya @Ivan_!

We understand that the process of trying to grind for gear pieces can be frustrating at times and how the change in the rarity of gear pieces can make it more difficult. Therefore, we have increased the chance of receiving varying rarities of higher-tiered gear pieces with the introduction of loot bags, which you can earn from the Revenant Gauntlet. However, we will not be changing recipe drop rates in other places (chests, mob drops, etc.), nor increasing the gold earned from chests. We have been introducing new sources of gold (new questline, dungeon and reputations), and thus, we do not feel it is essential for this reason as well.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! Have a good day!