DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Get rid of Minigames Maps Rotation

government_h

New Magician
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: government_h
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Drooble's Order
While Minigames Maps Rotation might have seemed like a good idea in theory, in practice it's a rather different experience.
Especially with the window of rotation being 3 whole months.

For people that play these minigames every day (Hide and Seek in particular), the same few maps get boring pretty quickly.
For graduates or people uninterested in certain activities (such as dueling, parkour, or building (once the housing is done, there isn't much to do there either)) there aren't many other daily gameplay options left besides minigames.

Obviously the implementation of the maps rotation takes work and effort, though clearly this task must be of lower priority, since it has not been done in time. It doesn't really make sense overall why improvement of permanent daily gameplay should take a back seat on the list of priorities, since that is, or should be what's keeping the server alive, as opposed to temporary gameplay.

Therefore, allowing all minigame maps to be available all the time would lessen the taskload for staff members responsible for this, and would give more variety for players who play minigames daily.

Variety is the spice of life after all... :alien:

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I personally like the map rotation overall but the 3 month+ gap does seem like a very long time. With time we will only get more maps that will be added to hns, so I think that should be the main thing - games like flying and hide and seek should get maps more often, while for some other games it doesnt really matter as much.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
I personally like the map rotation overall but the 3 month+ gap does seem like a very long time. With time we will only get more maps that will be added to hns, so I think that should be the main thing - games like flying and hide and seek should get maps more often, while for some other games it doesnt really matter as much.

yeah +1, in qb for example high detail maps can actually make it *worse* by making it harder to find the balls

Aglyn

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Aglyn
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Class Design Arena Grandmaster SPEW Academics Advisor
Hiya, @government_h

Unfortunately, I have arrived with some sad news. This suggestion has been declined. In the past when we had all maps enabled, we had a number of players inform us that they can’t play the map they want due to not getting it because the amount of maps being enabled, and that getting the same maps over and over again indefinitely without any change was less enjoyable. Certain minigame maps were neglected before the rotations were introduced. The rotation allows maps to be used much more equally. We do understand that the three month period is quite long, and we can look into lowering this time to every two months in the future. But we unfortunately do not have enough maps at the current time to be able to do it so consistently.

Nevertheless, I hope this does not discourage you into creating future suggestions as we're always looking for ways to improve the server.

I hope you have a wonderful day/night.