DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Give house points to every O+ graded assignment

LiviDk

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: lividk
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello people of the PotterworldMC community,

As I have recently discovered that an O+ graded assignment in any notes class does not automatically apply for you to get house points, I would like to change this rule. I believe that house points should automatically be given to ANY O+ graded assignments no matter which assignment it is.
An O+ is the highest grade you can achieve in a notes class, and I see that the hard-working students who strive for an O+ should deserve a little bit more attention in the form of mandatory housepoints that the professor would apply for the author of the graded assignment.

I also want to mention that some graduates have no use for the AC's except for some gold they can earn, and only attend classes to get an O+ and housepoints, but they will get demotivated to attend notes classes if they know there is a small chance of their hard work won't attract housepoints to their fellow housing and Hogsworth students.

So in other words:
Give housepoints to O+ assignments and don't make it a chance of if the professor feels like adding housepoints or not.

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
I agree, I’m up to 9 O+ assignments but I’ve never gotten the achievement of getting 10HP for my house (most of my assignments earn 9-10HP)

I partially agree. I think the most outstanding of assignments deserve 9-10 house points. Maybe house points could be mandatory for O+ assignments, but the amount of house points would change based on effort, quality, etc. Sometimes an assignment is great, but maybe just doesn't seem like it's worth 9-10 house points. Then, maybe give it 7 or something. Lovely idea. ♡

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello, and thank you for making a suggestion for Potterworld!

I will bring this to light to the Poltergeist team immediately and gain feedback in order to give you a response as soon as possible. Thank you again, and take care!

Keira :D

Professor
Minecraft IGN: ohBelle_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
I agree, I know some people really work hard to get O+, and they should be rewarded for that, but I agree with @Dianaaaa, not all assignments are worth 9-10 HP, so maybe 5 or 7 would be good

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion. We appreciate all of the feedback and suggestions we get on these forums, as it allows us to consider new ideas and improve the server.

Unfortunately, we will not be accepting your suggestion. Whether a student gets house points or not is completely up to the professor and we feel that it should remain this way. This is because there could be a class with 15+ O+ assignments, depending on how hard of a grader the professor is, and it's best to choose the top assignments from those O+s to give house points to. Earning an O+ should not automatically mean that a player gets house points too.