DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Give Players More Credit For Finishing Potterworld Legend

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
This is probably long overdue since quests and Potterworld Legend have been out for awhile and I don't know if there's a Leaderboard to see who has acquired the daily Potterworld Legend Medal other than asking if anyone has done it.

So the idea is to give more credit to players that have finished Potterworld Legend in hopes to encourage more players to do it over time.
These ideas would borrow from what's rewarded in Tournaments and what's shown in the Games tab with the Leaderboards.

Timeframe
  • It would be a monthly timeframe where players would have to acquire enough Potterworld Legend Medals during a month.
  • The monthly medal count would reset, but the all-time amount would stay.
Two Leaderboards
  • Monthly Leaderboard showing how many medals a player has during the month. This would reset every month.
  • All-time Leaderboard on the website which shows how many medals each player has acquired overall.
Potterpoints for getting Potterworld Legend Medals
Currently, players that finish Potterworld Legend get 2 Million XP, 1000 gold, and 25 House Points - which is probably fine especially if they are able to do it everyday. I think Potterpoints should be part of the rewards, but there could be different ways to acquire them.
  • A player could trade their Potterworld Legend Medal for a certain amount of Potterpoints. Maybe 25 points per medal?
  • OR, players would have to acquire up to 20 Potterworld Legend Medals within a month which they would then be rewarded with 500 Potterpoints.
Top 3 Rewards?
The initial idea is to show the Top 3 players with the most Potterworld Legend Medals as NPCs, similar to how the Tournaments show the Top 3 winners. Although, a problem might arise where 8 players have the same amount of PW Legend Medals... so maybe a few things can happen here:
  • Show a digital leaderboard on the server listing the top 10 players with medals
  • OR, Group the players by house and add their amounts together. I think the digital leaderboard would be easier.
  • OR, Base the Top 3 by the time when the player acquired the Medal. So players that acquired the medals faster would be at the top.
  • -- I think in order to be counted in the Top 3, the player must be able to have OVER 10 PW Medals.
Collectable and Prefix
  • Another reward could be a Collectable Medal Item that they would trade their medals for. Maybe it could cost 50 Medals to buy the Collectable item?
  • The Top 3 players can get a [Legendary] prefix or [PW Legend] prefix each month.

I'm sure that there could be better ideas than what I just suggested, but the reason why I think players need more credit for getting Potterworld Legend Medals is that it seems like it requires more time and effort to get one medal in a day which could be comparable to taking part in the monthly Dueling and Flying Tournaments.

1psaonly

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: 1psaonly
Dark Follower Serpent
I am a big fan of this idea! It is cool and I think it would be a great addition to the server and the community experience! :)

deci

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: d3ci
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Hey Psycho,

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll now pass this to the Poltergeists team so we can discuss the idea, keep an eye on the thread of any future update! :)

deci

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: d3ci
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Hello Psycho.

We are happy that you decided to share your idea with us with this thread, as we are always looking for the community to send us feedback to improve the server, thank you again! :)

I've brought up your suggestion to the rest of the staff team, and we have decided that sadly this is not something we are looking to implement, as we are currently working on other features.