DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Glitched AC, Persisting Issue for Two Months

Which is better - bagels or croissants?

• Bagels

• Croissants

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mike

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: DropTheMike_
Auralock Dark Follower Raven
To Whom This May Concern,

Good evening, I hope this message finds you well. First and foremost, I would like to establish the fact that I normally would never make a forum post for something of this nature, but after over a month and a half and several tickets with several assurances of resolution, I have come to the Potterworld forums as a last resort through which my voice could be heard as a dedicated player on the server with the best interests of the community at heart.

On November 12th, 2020 - I went to the Credit Trader NPC in the trophy room under the Great Hall in order to redeem exactly 100AC that I had accumulated over the span of a few different classes. To my surprise, I found that only fifty of the academic credits I turned in were converted to EXP upon redeeming all 100 academic credits in succession. Upon realizing this, I figured that it would be logical to address the obvious glitch that had occurred through the proper in-game channels. When I filed my first ticket, with Cate, I specifically took care to report both the bug that I had encountered and the discrepancy in my academic credit conversion to experience points. While I am not entirely sure about the status of the bug, as I have gone out of my way to exit out of the menu each time I redeem 10 AC so that it doesn't happen - of course, in lieu of any existing feedback loop about the status of said bug - I know that I was given several reassurances by different staff members over the course of the past 50 or so days that I would see a resolution to the issue.

With my first ticket, I decided to follow up with Cate on Discord, where we had a brief exchange about the specifics of my ticket (image of said exchange has been attached to this post). We concluded our exchange with an assurance that this would be elevated through the proper channels to staff who would have permissions to rectify the glitch with my Academic Credits, and I went to bed with confidence in the system and a quick and forthright resolution.

Two weeks later, after a complete lack of communication regarding the ticket I had filed from anyone, I decided to file another ticket to follow up on the status of my previous ticket. After about ten minutes, Tang claimed my ticket and messaged me to ask about the nature of my inquiry. I filled her in on all the necessary details, including that I had been assured a solution to my problem multiple weeks ago about my loss of academic credit and the glitch which had caused it. Unfortunately, we were unable to gather any further insight about the status of my ticket, although I was again left with the assurance that my issue would be handled by the appropriate staff.

Now it has been multiple months, and I still have heard absolutely nothing after filing another ticket - claimed by Max in which we attempted to get into contact with Cate about the status of my inquiry from November 12th. Mind that this ticket which I am referring to was made days ago, and I still haven't received any follow-up on it.

Today though, I came to a point where I messaged the Academics Lead about it - and to my complete and utter shock - insult was added upon injury as she told me that "too much time has elapsed since you lost the Academic Credits, and only 50AC were logged in the system". This remark was directly contrary to what I had been told by Cate on November 12th - upon my provision of evidence where I came 1.74 million EXP short of what I should have received from the 100AC that I did in fact redeem.

All in all, my circumstances have aligned such that I feel like my hand has been forced to create a forum post concerning the issue that I had faced, and I hope that you consider the voice of your players and your interests in maintaining a pleasurable user experience for your entire playerbase as you review my inquiry.

Thank you so much, and have a wonderful rest of your day/evening!

Best,
Mike

Mike

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: DropTheMike_
Auralock Dark Follower Raven
Just realized I forgot to attach the Discord conversation that I had with Cate when this issue initially presented itself. Attached below:
image_2021-01-04_211955.png

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
I hope this gets sorted for you - I have noticed when forum posts are made that people don't want seen you will notice the "count to 100000" ones popping up in front of it on the recents. I think its shocking that with evidence and assurances that now you have been told you won't get it. Like I said - I hope this gets ammended for you. AC is a large chunk of Exp for your level ups - considering it scales to level and quests don't give enough XP.

Kieran

Senior Developer
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KieranTM
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW Sr. Developer
Hi @Mike !

First off, on behalf of the entire team, I would like to apologise for the lack of communication on our side. This was completely unintentional and it really isn't good nor fair on you or other players.

Secondly, I'd like to get this issue sorted for you. So we believe we have found the source of the problem, it looks like it could be down to the Credit Trader menu re-opening after you have used it. If the issue persists in the future, please feel free to reach out to me directly either through the website, through Discord (Kieran#0904) or if you spot me in-game shoot me a message.

Finally, I'd also like to give you some AC as a goodwill gesture and also to cover any losses caused by this glitch. I'll reach out to you on the Discord about this just to confirm amounts and what has been sent :D .

Again, I am really sorry about this issue. If you have any other issues please feel free to raise them directly to me or another member of the team.

Best wishes,
Kieran