DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Goblin keys

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I'm not sure if this has happened to others but quite often something would be teased in a mysterious and *hinting* way, I would spend my time and energy on trying to find more details on it and then at the end I find out that there's nothing more to it. So what am I left with? Disappointment.
It happened just today with the Ella NPC which teases this story and hints, but for what? Why are you hinting clues that cannot be found yet. It also happened with the love chamber in ministry which had a hinting message that there's more to it, but in reality, there isn't. It happened with the hunt as well I believe, where the pieces from the auror vault had a place and date, and I spent hours at Daily diviner that day for nothing to happen. Or how woodshire was teased with a riddle that nobody could really solve because it's related to its lore that nobody knows yet??? Or the basilisk fang and philosophers stone that have the hint in their description for what, 2 years now?
Either way, my point is that PW is not taking advantage of those situations and quite often would be mysterious for no reason (either because something is yet to come, or there's nothing more to it). There's never a reason to explore the map because there *might* be something *new* hidden.
So yeah, return the concept of goblin keys lol. To everyone who doesn't know, and if I recall correctly, Goblin keys were items that were hidden in random locations on the map each month. It was really difficult to find one and the people who did could get items from the store depending on how long it's been since the key was found. I'm not entirely sure how it worked as Ive never found one, but I know damn well I looked for them. Im not sure what the reward would be, I'll leave it up to you to decide. But yeah, considering that our map is huge now but there's really not that much to explore for, I think this would be a great addition and motivation for players to go out and explore the world, especially if you give them those hints and build up the hype.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I think this sort of thing could be added to the Tommy Riddle NPC so players can be reminded about how there's a hidden chest out there to discover.

It could be level locked so that only level 30+ or level 50+ players can find the chest or access the Goblin Key section on Tommy Riddle's GUI.

Goblin Key section in Tommy Riddle's GUI
  • Give updates on if the chest was found and who found it.
  • Show how many days since it hasn't been found.
    • Maybe add a countdown timer for when the chest would move
    • A chest could decay or disintegrate maybe lowering the value of the reward?
  • It could give a general riddle - not a specific riddle location.
General location riddles?
Unsure if it would be better to have a riddle or not. I don't think it would have to be like the regular riddles.
  • It could be vague like "Hey, I think I saw it on a tree..." or "It's probably going to rust if it's under there for too long." or "It looks a bit dusty."
  • Make it so that the one vague riddle can include up to 50+ hidden spots to increase the random chest spawn location so that players wouldn't be able to make a cheat sheet list of chest locations.
  • Or just have it so that the previous location won't be used anymore and gets deleted?
Also, I would be unsure as to who or how these general riddle locations could be handled by staff or just one staff member just to avoid giving out clues and make it so that all staff can join in. Or figure out a plugin that would manage the chest spawns based on a riddle or not.

Rewards
  • The reward could probably be Potterpoints instead of a specific item in the shop, gives the player a choice on what they would prefer to buy.
  • Maybe a good amount of house points too?
  • Relating this above to how a chest could decay - maybe reduce the amount of Potterpoints and House Points based on how long the chest has been out?
Overall I think something like this would be nice to see, it would probably take a bit to figure out the details, but I think it'll give players a nice incentive to explore the map again.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I'm not sure if this has happened to others but quite often something would be teased in a mysterious and *hinting* way, I would spend my time and energy on trying to find more details on it and then at the end I find out that there's nothing more to it. So what am I left with? Disappointment.
Why are you hinting clues that cannot be found yet.
here we go again

Tang

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Tangular123
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Lead Prefect Discord Moderator SPEW Store Manager Lead
Hello @Ivan_,

I'm happy to say that this suggestion has been implemented! We will be introducing hidden coupons each month.
We will be releasing 1 per month, with a gift card reward so that players can select exactly what they want from the store! It may take us a bit to find the ideal difficulty and best locations for coupons, but we hope that the existence of these will encourage meaningful searching and exploration.

For any other suggestion regarding the hidden coupons, feel free to make another thread or reply here if it's in relation to something said here! We haven't implemented a connection to Tommy Riddle currently, but may do so depending on how long the coupons are hidden on the world.