DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

guild ban is stupid here is why and here is some solutions

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
heyooo its me thats right the one and only leader of the only functional non family/active guild on potterworldmc the one and only flyers alliance.

now one of my members got guild banned for doing inappropriate prefixes which is stupid for a couple reasons
1. its not stopping them from talking to the public and doing inappropriate things
2. there was a working punishment system for it already
3. it removes the autonomy of the guild owner to chose who to invite
4. there are a lot better ways of dealing with this
5. in addition to 1 it removes a safe space for them to let out their toxicity

what if you know, instead of banning them from a guild, either

a) guild prefixes only show to members in the guild. Why are they public anyway? Just show owner/admin
b) ban them from holding admin (not a good choice but certainly better then guild ban)
c) go back to the old system where using bad prefixes gives people a mute

a is imo the best choice since it gives guilds more self autonomy, c is a return to the functional status quo, and b is a bandage, but all are better then the mess that is rn separating people from their friends and community (a pretty bold move for a dying community based server).

also on an independent note in light of reviewing guild policy and chat, maybe labymod voice chat could be revisited in light of guild chat? I feel like logging on w/ labby vc is the same consent of joining a guild with a bunch of strangers in an unregulated chat.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
i’m so confused, is this a new rule or something where the server can ban you from joining guilds without stopping you from joining the server? or am i misunderstanding

yeah people who do guild infractions (Like making a bad guild name/banner/prefix) get banned from joining/making guilds

imo it feels really harsh, if a punishment is needed make it be a mute (bypass) punishment

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I wonder what do they do in other instances where players can make custom names such as in their housing announcements, pet names, and wand renames if they made something inappropriate?
Do players get banned from their housing? Do they lose their pets or ability to rename them? Are they banned from buying wand renames?
In these instances, I would expect them to be told to change the names to something appropriate and then maybe a one week mute. And then not banning them outright from any of those specific things or from the server unless that player has continuously made inappropriate names then something suitable would have been done.

I would say that it would be odd if they immediately banned that member from joining/creating guilds if they did make inappropriate prefixes just once - but on the other hand, if they had previous warnings throughout their server history then maybe it just culminated to a guild ban? That would be better than a server ban tbh.

c) go back to the old system where using bad prefixes gives people a mute
I think this would have been the better option if that member was known for doing something like this once without any other guild infractions. But if that member did have a warning history then maybe they decided on the guild ban as it wasn't guaranteed that the member would stop doing this in the future?

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
I wonder what do they do in other instances where players can make custom names such as in their housing announcements, pet names, and wand renames if they made something inappropriate?
Do players get banned from their housing? Do they lose their pets or ability to rename them? Are they banned from buying wand renames?
In these instances, I would expect them to be told to change the names to something appropriate and then maybe a one week mute. And then not banning them outright from any of those specific things or from the server unless that player has continuously made inappropriate names then something suitable would have been done.

I would say that it would be odd if they immediately banned that member from joining/creating guilds if they did make inappropriate prefixes just once - but on the other hand, if they had previous warnings throughout their server history then maybe it just culminated to a guild ban? That would be better than a server ban tbh.

I think this would have been the better option if that member was known for doing something like this once without any other guild infractions. But if that member did have a warning history then maybe they decided on the guild ban as it wasn't guaranteed that the member would stop doing this in the future?

from what I can tell they recived a lot of warning bc they spammed the command after it didnt work the first time (not the most intelligent child, but it was a one off incident, and already there is an escalation system within the mute punishment)

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hello to everyone who commented on this thread! Thank you for taking the time to create this post on the forums. We really appreciate the feedback and insight on your thoughts on the guild ban process and have decided to make a few changes to how it currently works. We recognise the confusion around whether prefixes were considered private or not, so we have made the decision to make all prefixes in all guilds private, and therefore are now unmoderated.

The aim of guilds were to be public groups on the server, and so we don't want to make all aspects of a guild (descriptions, banners, etc.) private and lose that. These are all still public and moderated, so they must remain appropriate and within the server rules. However, from now on, there will be a step-wise moderation protocol that gives players the opportunity to change any inappropriate customisations before guild bans have to be enacted.

These changes are also stated on the most recent development blog, which can be found here. We hope these changes are more suitable for guilds! In terms of allowing Labymod voice chat, this is unfortunately not something we have changed our stance on. With Labymod VC, you do not know who will be in your vicinity and you could interact with anyone from the whole server. When joining a guild, you have to join by accepting an invite, and you will most likely quickly discover who the members of the guild are. Additionally, for extreme offences with Labymod, it's virtually impossible to gather evidence for, and we do not feel that adding the addon is worth this risk to our players. We hope this makes sense! Thank you once again for reaching out with your feedback and suggestions on this matter!