DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Hands on Herbology

Micah Cresswell

Professor
Minecraft IGN: Hacim4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf
So, I really like @Somnambulist ‘s suggestion about Cooking Classes. So I thought: What is another short class that could be added? Then I got it: What if they also added Hands on Herbology? I know there’s already Herbology, but that’s a writing assignment. Hands on Herbology would use the “Potions system” (timed actions) it would be doing something like transplanting a baby Mandrake, caring for a dying plant, pruning a tree (Or any plant of the staffs choice), or just doing a regular feeding of a plant.

If anyone has any other ideas for Hands on Herbology, feel free to share them! :D

Last edited:

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
This would be great to see! Imagine if they were able to pull off a class with taking care of Mandrakes. A player would get a Nausea effect if they managed to mess up the prompts for taking care of it.

Engelhardmarcos

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: M_Engel
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Arithmancer
I think they could be a breezing one for Caring of magical creature as well. It would be cool if they would make a system about caring a magical pet. I've been told me that there was a similiar thing on a quest in Winter Waltz 2021. They could Take advantage of that and make during class. We could take care of a Thestry the hourses of Beuaxboys and many more creatures for example the Magical Beasts' movies.

suzie

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: 20zuzka04
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Prefect SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Heya @Micah Nox !

Thank you so much for creating this suggestion! We are always looking for new ways to improve the server and appreciate players coming forward with their ideas! I will now bring up your suggestion to my fellow Poltergeists. Once we've received a decision I will come back to you so keep an eye out on this thread!

Once again, thank you for this suggestion and we hope you have a great day!

Sirje_Wildmoon

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: AstralFae
Dark Follower Serpent
Bit late to add to this, but I really miss the old Herbology system, would love to see something similar to that come back. Even if its a daily task, find x amount of seeds and grow them, for a small amount of gold.

Or a rework of potions/cooking/herbology etc eventually, to make herbology more hands on, for example steps to herbology much like potions. Such as adding fertilizers to speed up growth. (different mob levels could drop different fertilizers, with mobs like dragons dropping the best/fastest ;) )

I'm not saying get rid of the easier way of collecting plants either, you could get eg. 1 plant and a few seeds from each one you find out in the wild. You could sell the seeds to other players, and other players could sell whole plants etc.

It adds a little more interactivity for those who want it, whilst not being too difficult for those who don't. It could be an optional thing to level. We could bring back the professions chat icon rewards and wand rewards too. :3

Micah Cresswell

Professor
Minecraft IGN: Hacim4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf
We could bring back the professions chat icon rewards
I wasn't around for this so I would LOVE this! But also, I think that some older players may get a bit mad, because having one of those is rare and it shows that you are an experienced player.

and wand rewards too. :3
I haven't heard about these, but they sound super cool!

Sirje_Wildmoon

Notable Magician
Dark Follower Serpent
But also, I think that some older players may get a bit mad, because having one of those is rare and it shows that you are an experienced player.
That is a good point, I have the master herbology rewards and I do take pride in them. I remember the fear of not reaching the master level be fore the update lol (the wand rewards were a part of the reward for reaching the master level, alongside the chat icons)

Maybe bring these professions back, but with differing rewards?

Example, a special colours or prefix for your name in chat (Example:
[Herbologist] [Potioneer] etc. , and new rewards like a wand or hat appearance. Or even an exclusive pet Ever since thanks to copyright, we have lost a lot of store items which means less hats/wands, so having more available, and in game at that, would be pretty cool.

An example would be maybe a little cute succulent or cactus "pet" for a herbologist haha. Or a broom that would be similar in design to the wand that could once be unlocked, so awesome on it's own, but even cooler for those who maxed it out in the past ;)

I'm all for more challenge available for those who choose to do it, as of course, these professions wouldn't be a forced task, much like reputation isn't a forced task, it's something to work for to get rewards. Something to do once we graduate for example. :)

Sirje_Wildmoon

Notable Magician
Dark Follower Serpent
That is true, I did consider just letters, but with Herbology you couldn't just use [H] because that's for the badgers.

As for prefix icons, they could, but it would be difficult as there's only so many unicode symbols they can use, and whilst there is plenty of flower/herbology related ones, there really isn't many that would relate to Potions or Cooking etc.

Maybe the reward of a wand appearance/pet/broom etc would be enough incentive to work for it, I know I probably would do it again. More optional things to do and work towards is always welcome to me ;3

suzie

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: 20zuzka04
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Prefect SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Heya again @Micah Nox !

This suggestion has been accepted, as we have a class currently being worked on by our Class Design team that is similar to this idea. However, it may not be implemented in any of the ways that this thread suggests.

Thank you once more for creating this suggestion and we hope you have a wonderful day!