DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Have details/stats on gear recipes show when hovered over in your inventory

Sirje_Wildmoon

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: AstralFae
Dark Follower Serpent
When we go to a tailor we are able to see all the details and stats on any gear we may be about to craft. However, when we hover the gear recipe in our inventories, all we get is the name of the item, and its level. We don't get any other information until we visit a tailor to craft the item. We don't know what materials it uses, if its better than our current gear, etc (not to mention its not impossible, for example, that a level 15 item will actually be better than a level 20)

I just think it would be really helpful if the gear recipe in our inventory showed the same information that it would when we visit a tailor. It's kind of a pain to go back and forth between tailors, with gear recipes you don't know much about clogging up your inventory, often to find out the gear you already have is better anyway. It would also be super helpful that we will know what materials we need. There's been a few times already that I've collected 10 of something and needed 20, or went and refined it when I didn't actually need to (which has wasted my gold, which is very bad in a time when gold is so scarce to come by, though admittedly that's more on my forgetfulness, but still) because I have to remember all this between visits to the tailor between all the travelling back and forth.

It would just be so much better if we got this information from hovering over the recipe in our inventories.

Sirje_Wildmoon

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: AstralFae
Dark Follower Serpent
I can't see how it would take away from any point in the gameplay (tbh, all this wandering back and forth and stuff is what takes away from gameplay imo, it just gets stale and really boring to keep doing so) we'd still have to go to a tailor to craft it, but at least we can know if its of any use to us or not.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello Sirje!
Thanks for making a suggestion for our server. We really appreciate it!
I'll bring up your suggestion to the rest of the Poltergeist Team now, so that we can discuss it and get back to you soon.
Have a wonderful day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
After reviewing your suggestion, we have unfortunately decided to decline your idea. This is because gear recipes might see some change in the future, so we are not fully committed to making huge changes, as everything might change again at a later date.
Additionally, this information on the gear recipes would need to be updated frequently, whenever gear stats are changed or balanced. This would of course take effort and it might be a lot to keep up with.
Nevertheless, thank you for suggesting this to us and have a great day!