DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Helen McCrory Memorial (+ Possible Cancer Awareness event)

Sirje_Wildmoon

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: AstralFae
Dark Follower Serpent
I just posted in another thread about the incredibly sad news of Helen McCrory's death, but I felt that my ideas of that post should also be posted in suggestions, in the right area.

Given we have memorials for Snape and John Hurt in the Potterworld map, (or at least, we did in the previous map, But if they are not, I think they should be reinstated) I feel it is only fair and fitting that Helen McCrory recieves the same treatment, perhaps at Malfoy Manor, given her being the icy but loving mother, Narcissa Malfoy.

(Another idea could be that the graveyard at Godrics hollow could be used for memorial sites, but... such a "Serpent" buried in Godrics hollow..idk)

Lastly, cancer is an issue that hits very close to home for me. Cancer has effected and taken a fair number of people involved in the HP universe we know and love, it was what took Alan Rickman and John Hurt (Snape and Ollivander) from us, it is what could have taken Maggie Smith (McGonagall) from us, and I am sure that people who play this server are effected by it, like myself. I have lost both grandmothers and an uncle to this disease, I know how much it hurts, and I most definitely wish for a cure. So my final idea is that a cancer awareness possible fundraising event could go ahead. I don't know how this would be possible, so I understand if it couldn't, after all, it is simply an idea.

RIP <3

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Heya @Sirje_Wildmoon,

Apologies for being so late, but I'll bring your idea up to the rest of the Poltergeist Team! Thank you for putting in effort to write up your suggestion and feedback here. We appreciate it <3

Have a great day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hey there @Sirje_Wildmoon,

Unfortunately, we have decided to mostly decline this suggestion. While we have considered adding back these memorials, the plugin that we utilized for these memorials can make the world quite laggy. We have also considered a few other factors, so we will not implement the memorials, both previous and the proposed ones.

The cancer awareness event has also been carefully discussed and we like the idea behind it and hope to do something like this in the future. We do, however, have a lot of events on our planning already and are not sure when and if we will have time and resources to create this. For now, we will keep the idea for the event in mind.

Apologies for the very long delay in getting to your suggestion. We hope you are not too disappointed, as you may see an event like this in the future! Take care and have a magical day <3