DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Hidden Chests in Classes

Nion_1714

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Nion_1714
Raven
It would be fun if there were hidden chests in classes. So you could also get them there. They should be well hidden. It would be a nice addition to the server.

Maxwheell

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Maxwheell
Phoenix Serpent
It would be fun if there were hidden chests in classes. So you could also get them there. They should be well hidden. It would be a nice addition to the server.
Yeah but then in classes where your asked to be seated getting up to look for hidden chests would be against the rules. and there are already some hidden chests in the classes on the main world

YeetChris

Caretaker
Staff
Minecraft IGN: YeetChris
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Class Helper SPEW
Howdy Nion! As much as I love this idea, I'm not 100% sure how we'd implement this. Also as Maxwell stated, I think that this would cause a distraction for students and depending on the class rules some students can get in trouble. There are many chests hidden in the main world and having them in classes as well would probably just be too much.

Nion_1714

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Nion_1714
Raven
Yeah, But you could also add them in like dueling class when you do the hunger games. They could be up a tree or something. Or in classes where you don't have to sit down. Like Wizard's PE, Dueling Class or maybe in the middle of the flying class track.

Maxwheell

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Maxwheell
Phoenix Serpent
Yeah, But you could also add them in like dueling class when you do the hunger games. They could be up a tree or something. Or in classes where you don't have to sit down.
I think the thing is there really just not that needed. There is already more then enough chests around the map. Also i just think the only place chests should be is the main world

Kate

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: TbhKate_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Sr. Game Designer
I also think that the addition of hidden chests would distract from the main focus of the class, and would cause a lot of unnecessary moving around. Also, it doesn't really align with Harry Potter lore to have chests in classes. Not that everything has to align with the HP universe, but I think it would complicate classes a bit too much. Also, as Max and Chrissy said, there are more than enough chests around the map to begin with, and I don't think adding a few more in classrooms while professors are teaching would matter that much.

However, if a professor ever allows you to move around in classes, I encourage you to explore their classroom! There are sometimes hidden rooms and areas in professors' custom classrooms, and they can be really fun to explore! I know that isn't the same as hidden chests, but I think it is just as fun to be able to explore classrooms. Thanks for the suggestion!

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I think the reason for the suggestion is a good idea, but the way this suggestion materialised isn't something I'm overly fond of myself. I'll explain what I mean.

I think you posted this suggestion for the sake of having something fun to do while attending a class in which exploration is allowed. I should say that this is an interesting idea. I've noticed that sometimes, notes can be a bit boring. Either the professor is going a bit too slow for my taste, or they teach about a subject I have already heard a great deal about. However:
However, if a professor ever allows you to move around in classes, I encourage you to explore their classroom! There are sometimes hidden rooms and areas in professors' custom classrooms, and they can be really fun to explore! I know that isn't the same as hidden chests, but I think it is just as fun to be able to explore classrooms.
I fullheartedly agree with what Kate is saying here. While there are still a number of relatively old classrooms in circulation that offer little of exploration, newer classrooms are much more fun to look around with interesting architecture, the use of some 3D models and, as Kate mentioned, some hidden rooms. There's one classroom with a hidden room that contains animals with, well, let's just say they each have a traumatising amount of eyes ;)

With that being said, if I look at your original idea and suggestion I think there are quite a few things that would make this an idea I'm not overly fond of myself. There are a few reasons and I would like to touch upon each of them:
- Exploration during classes is only fun if you're not paying attention to the notes. There are some people who want to pay attention to the notes (or even copy them down) which would mean they wouldn't have enough time to search for the hidden chest in the classroom even if they wanted to. I think everyone should have the same chances when it comes to exploring and finding these chests, which is one of the reasons why I don't think this would be a good thing to implement into the server.
- Another thing is, of course, the practicality of the idea. I don't know much about the behind-the-scenes workings of hidden chests, but I do know it takes some effort to get them installed. This process would have to be done every single time a new classroom was created with the intention of having a hidden chest, which I don't think is very efficient.
- This has been said before but I'd like to emphasise this because I think it's the main reason for not being a great fan of this idea:
Also i just think the only place chests should be is the main world
I completely agree. I personally find hidden chests to be mostly enjoyable by the fact that they're practically a reward for exploring the main world and I think they should remain exactly that.

Thanks for the suggestion though :) it's good to keep ideas like this coming, even if some people disagree.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
I would also say that your suggestion of hiding them in a flying track would be distracting as if you were to stop and collect it, you couldn't win for your house unless everyone stops, which just breaks the flow. Also, if the chest was hidden, people would be stopping the course to find it and that would lead to long delays.

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hey there!

Thank you for this suggestion! We appreciate the ideas that you give us, as it allows us to hear what you have to say. At this time, we will be declining this suggestion. With the new world map, there will be new locations for hidden chests. Additionally, we feel that having chests in classes would be more of a distraction and would take focus away from the lesson and/or activity planned by the Professor.