DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Hidden Chests & Player Rollback

Wildsam

Animorphus
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Wildsam
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Helper Arena Grandmaster SPEW Drooble's Order
While doing my daily run, I believe I ended up placing my thunderflash in the chest by pressing the 1-9 keys on my keyboard. Unfortunately, I closed the chest before realizing my mistake, and I ended up losing the broom, without any way to retrieve it back if I did not have video proof of what happened, which I did not, as I do not record my runs. While I understand why you need to submit video proof in order for the system not to be abused, I believe this is not fully appropriate if there is nothing else in place to help players in similar scenarios. Although upgrading a broom has been simplified this year, it remains a tedious task. I was lucky to lose something that can be earned once more, but collectables and rare items could also be problematic.​

To prevent this from happening again to another player, I suggest changing the chests for them to only be looted, without the possibility of placing items in them, no matter what they are. If we really want to dispose of an item, we have /disposal for that. I would also suggest looking into implementing some form of player rollback. I'm sure Potterworld already has it for their content and most servers also have this nowadays in order to easily fix common mistakes or accidents (server or player), whether that concerns builds, actions, rewards or inventories.​

Thanks in advance for considering these suggestions ! :)

Last edited:

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
i had this same problem with my fireflash, which i couldn’t get back and can’t earn again. thankfully i had some other brooms available but they were slower than my fireflash, which seems a little unfair and frustrating

marmitemira

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: marmitemira
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower SPEW
Hey @Wildsam

Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion! This can be really frustrating and finding a fix for this would be great. We really value player feedback as we love to hear what ideas you have to make this server the best it can be. At this time, I will bring your suggestion up to the Poltergeist team and we will discuss it. Once the Leadership team has made a final decision I will let you know.

Thanks again and have a marvelous day!

Yellow_Flower

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: TheVirgoKid101
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
It must've been very very frustrating to lose your thunder flash. I use one too while chest grinding and I'm afraid the same thing will happen to me. This suggestion will be good for preventing it from happening to anyone else or to you again. I don't see anything wrong with with this suggestion though! I hope it goes through! Good idea.

marmitemira

Graduate
Hey @Wildsam!!

Thank you for this suggestion!! All ideas and feedback are appreciated as we love to hear what everyone has to say! I am delighted to say that this suggestion has been accepted! We understand that losing items from Hidden Chests can be very frustrating! We have ultimately decided to make Hidden Chests act so that if you put an item in it when the chest closes, the item will be returned (granted players have inventory space). We know that some players used chests to put loot back that they didn't want, but we thought that the detrimental loss of an important item such as a broom was more important to prevent. Players can always use the disposal to remove items. While this change isn't live yet, it will be in the next coming days.
However, we will not be implementing a rollback option as it would take a long while to implement and we would rather focus on other ideas.

Thank you again for this idea and have a great day!

marmitemira

Graduate
Hello again @Wildsam!!

I'd like to let you know that this suggestion is now live! If a player puts an item in a Hidden Chest the item will automatically be placed back into their inventory. Thank you for this suggestion once more, I'm sure many people will enjoy this addition!