DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Hogsworth Houses Spawn

NoxPozowski

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Cruellan
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
Hello Wizards and Witches I hope you all having an amazing day/night.
I have a suggestion that might changes wizards and witches lives or might not.
Basically I don't know if this exist before the update or not but i was thinking of how about you set each houses spawn in their common room, for example Griffins, Serpents, HoneyBadgers and Ravens Spawn in their commom room once they use the Bag in their inventory to teleport to Hogsworth, I think it will be more helpful to new players as well having them known where their common room is instead these rooms is being abandoned by everyone and its always empty as well.
Thank you for your time <3

NoxPozowski

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Cruellan
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
While it might help new players, for grads like me it would just add an extra step of walking to do to get to Dueling halls/vendors/Daily Riddle/Voting npcs. Also the common rooms are not evenly spaced out from the gh giving certain houses a slight advantage.
Grads have ascendo though and many spells that new witches and wizards don't have, but i agree with the second opinion, never thought about it like that xd

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Grads have ascendo though and many spells that new witches and wizards don't have
True, they do have powerful spells but they don't teleport you anywhere (errr at least not THAT far away) and have very long cooldowns. Also even if the spells are a big deal and minimize the travel time that would just shift the problem to lower years who don't have access to the spells but are annoyed by the extra travel time to the gh, I just used grads as an example of a group who already knows the location because I am one and they are the most experienced.

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I agree with @luckiestblock that it isn't really beneficial to change the spawn from GH to someone's respective common room. GH is still somewhat of a "main hub", quick access to tailor, vendor, daily riddle, news, dueling halls, credit trader and voting token NPCs. Moving spawn away from GH takes away all those quick accesses. People will get frustrated even more by the long travel times and personally, if this were to be accepted (which I highly doubt it will) I'd be willing to put money on there being at least 10 forum threads asking for this to be reverted within a mere week of this being changed.

Joshios

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joshios
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Although this would be a cool reference to Harry Potter and the four Hogwarts houses, I do not think it would be practical for most players.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello there OofyWazowski!
Thanks for suggesting this to us. I'll make sure it is brought up to the other Poltergeists so that we can discuss it.
Until then, have a great day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again @NoxPozowski,
Unfortunately, we will be declining your suggestion as we have come to the conclusion that it is not something we want to implement. We feel like setting the Hogsworth warp to bring players to their common rooms would be inconvenient for both new and old players. Older players would likely not really need to go to their common rooms anymore while newer players would have difficulty finding the great hall from their common rooms and it's often easier to find places from the Great Hall, not from the common rooms.
Furthermore the Great Hall is still a central point for many players to stand around and talk to each other, as well as meet if they want to show each other to places. If newer players are curious on how to reach their common rooms, they can always ask other players if they would like to meet them at the Great Hall and show them to their common rooms. If players would like other players to show them the Great Hall from their common rooms, this would likely take a bit longer, as they would have to get to the common rooms themselves if they are not in the same house.
Nevertheless, thank you for suggesting this to us. We really do appreciate any and all ideas players bring up to us! and hope this does not stop you from bringing up your suggestions in the future!
Thank you and have a wonderful day!