DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Hogsworth Tours

Carlie

Professor
Minecraft IGN: CarlieChi
Honeybadger Dark Follower Vampire
Hello, I heard an offer today on potterworld that I thought sounded really great. Someone (can't remember the username) was offering to take first year students on a tour of Hogsworth. Although this may not be the most convenient suggestion, it sounded like something I would have appreciated as a first year so I thought I would mention it anyways. I often notice that after students are sorted they tend to type in chat, "What do I do now?" I remember feeling the exact same way, and it takes a little while to get used to the events and daily activities on potterworld. I know that there is /faq for the important aspects of starting your magical experience, but sometimes talking to someone in person makes you feel much more welcome. Not sure if it would be possible but it would be great if there was a way to have student tours. Not long of course, just where/what the Great Hall, the Sr. Prefect, the Fire Dust Network, and maybe the boat house are. Possibly the Jr. Prefects could be the tour guides or maybe just experienced players. Maybe there is a way to matchmake with an experienced player just like joining a queue for a minigame, so when the player joins they have the option of getting some helpful information to help them start off? Again, I'm not sure how the logistics of this would work (or if it even could work) but might as well share. Thanks for reading my suggestion! :D

Last edited:

Zmiya

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zmiy
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
I think this is a good idea that should definitely be looked at after the Revelius Update but the only issue I see with it that newcomers don't join the server in groups typically. If a tour guide decides to show a player around the server and then another newcomer needs to be shown around, are they forced to wait? What if there's no tour guides on the server?

Maybe, to overcome this, the tour could be an NPC that anyone can talk to to be taken to the tour and it brings the player to a duplicated world of the Revelius Update and maybe a line of particles appears on the ground and the player follows those? Or maybe the castle and the other locations (like the dwelling, hogsend, etc.) can be edited so there's physical barriers that prevent the player from moving anywhere else except in the direction that the tour is taking them?

Another thing - player-run tours of the castle used to exist on the server and were very popular, so you could create a team of people to bring this back to life

Carlie

Professor
Minecraft IGN: CarlieChi
Honeybadger Dark Follower Vampire
Yes, I agree Zmooya! I feel like the NPC version could be great, or even a group of people dedicated to helping with it. Maybe possible after Revelius like you said. There is probably a lot of different directions you could take it. ;)

Last edited:

LiviDk

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: lividk
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello, @Carbolicious !

Thanks for your suggestion! I'll make sure to bring this up to the staff team and then I'll get back to you as soon I have an answer!

Stay safe,
Leyak

LiviDk

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: lividk
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello again!

Thank you for taking your time to write down a suggestion for our server, but we have to decline this.
When Revelius goes live, then there will be multiple quests that will take players around the castle for them to explore! There will also be more signs to aide players into finding important locations. ^^
Again, thank you for taking your time to suggest! We really appreciate it! ^^

Stay safe,
Leyak