DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

House Border

Tang

Graduate
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Tangular123
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Lead Prefect Discord Moderator SPEW Store Manager Drooble's Order Lead
Hello!

Today I implemented the new default housing scenery, and was excited to see that the housing scenery comes with a path. I wanted to continue the path all the way to my house, but when I went to do so, realised that players are unable to build on the line of their house border.

Therefore, with the largest plot upgrade, the path has a one-block wide gap in it. This isn't the best for aesthetic reasons, and I'd love to be able to fix this.

There could be two potential ways to fix this:

1) Allow players to build on their house border.
This gives players a bit more room to work with, but could be harder to implement when custom blocks would be turned to red wool with the /house border on/off command.

or

2) Change the scenery so the path continues on the border
This could be a quick and easy fix, and I don't believe the scenery should be impacted by the house border command, as other sceneries such as the sand one don't have a line of grass where their borders are (I don't think ?)

Either way! I hope that my path does not have to have a gap in it anymore like this and this

If anyone has further comments or agrees/disagrees with this please reply, I'd love to hear what anyone thinks <3

Thank you for reading!

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I would just like to add that this is something that's going on for multiple sceneries. Personally I've always used the Survival Capitol scenery (as it's a good nostalgic throwback to PW survival), and I once took the effort to change the grass on my housing to fit the scenery. However, because of the border there's always a 1-block gap in the middle of what would otherwise be a nice environment.
So my point is: I support your idea wholeheartedly, but I think that if it is changed for the default scenery, I think it should be changed for all sceneries where this applies to.

Aspasia

Animorphus
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: ShatterdHeart
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Sr. Builder SPEW Drooble's Order Arena Squire
Funny I see about this!! :D I was thinking about this not to long ago! Thank you for suggesting it Tang <3

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello, and thank you for making a suggestion for Potterworld!

I will bring this to light to the Poltergeist team immediately and gain feedback in order to give you a response as soon as possible. Thank you again, and take care!

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hey there @Tang!

I have brought up your suggestion with the rest of the Poltergeist team and unfortunately we will be declining it. After much consideration, we felt that this change could potentially increase the amount of bugs. We are worried that there would be a lot of glitches when switching sceneries since the border is only for the scenery border and not the actual plot. This could cause players to gain infinite blocks or lose items that were on the border.

Another reason we decided to decline this suggesting was because a border is usually something that you should not be able to interact with or build on and we would like to keep it this way. We really did enjoy this idea and thought it would be a fun thing to implement, but ultimately decided against it because of the potential bugs and glitches. Nonetheless thank you so much for your suggestion, we really appreciate hearing from all the players!