DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

House Cup Event Contest

mckenna varulv ❦

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: xokenna
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello!
My suggestion is sort of inspired by the contest that was released with the Anniversary event, and is relevant to the current Honeybadger House Cup Event.

While exploring with my friends, I thought up the idea of a possible contest regarding the event. What would this contest be exactly? I think it should be something to represent house pride, to fit in theme with the event, like a piece of poetry or a drawing.

There could be one or multiple winners, but the prize would remain the same: an NPC in the event. This would showcase the winning house's most dedicated members. Another possibility is that clicking on the NPC would give a link to the respective project that they submitted?

Clem

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: lolclem
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Personally, I like this idea as a general baseline, but I have some concerns. If it was to be made for only Honeybadgers, others would feel excluded, especially as something like this hadn't been done for previous house cup winners, and there's no certainty it would happen for future. For me, it's not inclusive enough of the entire Potterworld community.

This could be a standalone event instead. A competition for all houses, and the winners receive house points.

mckenna varulv ❦

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: xokenna
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Personally, I like this idea as a general baseline, but I have some concerns. If it was to be made for only Honeybadgers, others would feel excluded, especially as something like this hadn't been done for previous house cup winners, and there's no certainty it would happen for future. For me, it's not inclusive enough of the entire Potterworld community.

This could be a standalone event instead. A competition for all houses, and the winners receive house points.
That sounds great! And have one winner from each house?

Clem

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: lolclem
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Personally, I don't think there should be a winner from each house? That degrades the thought of house points, considering they would all be gaining the same amount, therefore cancelling it out.

Although if you were to scratch the house points idea, and replace the rewards with something else, such as Potterpoints or a collectable, then yeah!

Mekala

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Mekala_
Honeybadger Auralock
Hi there! @mcpunchie varulv and @Clem,

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I've decided to bring this up with my fellow Poltergeists to decide whether this will be implemented or not. Once we've reached a decision I'll reply back to this thread, so keep an eye out!

Have a great day!

Mekala

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Mekala_
Honeybadger Auralock
Hey @mcpunchie varulv and @Clem !

Unfortunately this suggestion has been declined, as this is not something we will be doing. The celebrations we plan for the House Cup is not its own event, but rather a small way of celebrating the wins. When it comes to competitions. we want them to be something all players are able to get involved in and participate with. Having the theme of a competition be secluded to one house makes it less appealing to those not in that house. Also, in terms of scheduling, this suggestion will be very difficult. We'd have to start the competition at least a month before the winning house is announced so we can have a singular NPC at the build. Therefore, this is not something we would want to do. Additionally, the most dedicated players of the winning house are already highlighted at the build. However, we can look at doing a general House Pride themed competition in the future. This would not line up with any House Cup and would be separate.

We look forward to hearing more suggestions from you in the future. Have a fantastic day!