DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

House Point Remove

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
I think this encourages more negativity, especially if there is a house member who breaks a lot of rules. At the moment, if someone in the house does not gain points for their house, at least they are not losing them so it doesn't negatively affect the house - and i don't think players breaking the rules should have anything to do with other players. Having houses only able to gain house points still shows which houses are doing well and it means that houses can work together more positively to try to win the cup.

If points were taken off for rule breaking, there would be a high chance of 'sabotaging', where players resort to another house and break minor rules to lose points for that house. Not only would this be quite unfair, but it could also encourage rule breaking in a way.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Also, it could possibly affect the server atmosphere negatively, since if it is known who is losing many house points, then people might be rude to them or harass them because of this, which is also against the rules and very unfriendly.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
There's already other punishments for that, and tbh, I doubt removing house points for rule infractions will discourage anyone. It's more likely that it will encourage people to sabotage another house, as Honey said, or that it simply encourages more arguments and discussions in my opinion.

Mateo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: daance
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent SPEW
Hi, @LordNic30! Thank you for your suggestions!

We will not be doing this since it's not really fair to other players in the same house who work hard for their house points, only to have them removed from bad players in the same house. It punishes the whole team for the mistake of one person. As already mentioned by the others, this could create a negative environment for the server, which is not something we want.