DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Housing and the new texture pack

kiarralish

Magician
Minecraft IGN: kiarralish
Auralock Dark Follower Raven
I have been building a lot today with the new texture pack and for the most part I love the update to it! I also quite enjoy all of the new items that plays have to build with on their housing. One aspect did concern me personally and that was the change to the double-stone slab. I personally have not used this block that often whilst building so it didn't present to be an issue at first until I looked at my housing scenery. Now, I have the Forest Moon scenery and whenever the player first enters the plot, by default they enter from the ship at the front. The issue here is that the new texture for the double stone slab makes this ship look quite odd now. I suggest that this housing scenery, along with others that use the double stone slab, be changed or upgraded to not have this block in them? It really ruins the aesthetic of ship as it is quite a bold texture now. Maybe the builders could go back through and find a different block that would better fit in to the old scenery's look. If that is too much then maybe a re-evaluation of the use of this new texture for that block in particular. I know this isn't a very pressing matter in concerns to game development but it is something that has been troubling.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello Kiarra and thank you for making a suggestion!
I will now discuss your idea with the other Poltergeists and we will inform you once a decision has been made.
Have a great day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again @kiarralish,

Thank you for your wonderful suggestion! This is of course something we definitely want to do and have started to do. The scenery you mention has been fixed and if you notice any build issues with other sceneries, please report them here or in-game with /t create so that they can be fixed!

Thanks again and have a wonderful day!