DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Housing Ideas

Zmiya

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zmiy
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
Hello!

So I was building on my housing and went to pick a new housing scenery and realised something. There aren't a lot of very usable housing sceneries. Obviously the sceneries like the greenhouses, the castle, the aurorlock base, etc. are all super cool and more like those should be created, but if you're trying to match the scenery to your house, you either have to build something that matches to a scenery, use one of the already existing terrain-based sceneries (like the desert, jungle, etc.) or just not match it up at all.

So basically, my idea is to have more terrain based sceneries like mountains, a snow biome, different styles of forests, and others. It's just a lot easier to match your housing to a terrain-based scenery than one with extra stuff, specifically if the scenery has a specific colour code like the allegiance ones. Another suggestion that relates to this one is that it'd be cool if some future sceneries also weren't just an island but filled the entire area of the border forcefield thing. This would give off the effect that your house isn't floating on an island in the middle of nowhere but instead your house is on the same land that everything else on the server is, if that makes sense.

My final idea is to, for an amount of gold, to allow people to be able to edit their own scenery to an extent. It would be a one time thing and the default scenery is the only one able to be edited. If you switch to a different scenery after you've edited the default one, you'll have to repurchase the ability to edit and rebuild it. This might cause some problems, but maybe there's a way to allow the person's scenery to be saved? This would allow people to make their housing entirely unique.

Thank you <3

Zmiya

deci

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: d3ci
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Hello there! I'll now bring up your idea to the poltergeists team so we can discuss it, thank you for your suggestion!

deci

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: d3ci
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Hello there!
We discussed your suggestion and we loved the idea of having more terrain based sceneries! I'd keep an eye on them but not really this soon as our main focus is the Revelius Update. About the editing sceneries idea, it could be easily abused to get infinite blocks and that's against the EULA, so we sadly can't implement it. Thank you for your suggestions!

Zmiya

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zmiy
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad more terrain sceneries will be coming soon :eek:

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello, this suggestion has been implemented as we’ve released sceneries based on terrain and not solely HP and we have more sceneries like this to come. Due, to this, I will now be labelling this as completed. Thank you again!