DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Housing Redstone

Griffin Scamander

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: OskiCube
Phoenix Raven Vampire
I think people should be allowed to use redstone on their housing plots. I have a guess that the reason you disabled redstone is that tnt can be ignited. Yet it might be able to disable explosions on the housing plot. If this is do-able then I hope you can do it. It would be amazing to see people using redstone to build hidden passages in their housing and other redstone contraptions.

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aarooncia
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire Werewolf
I think people should be allowed to use redstone on their housing plots. I have a guess that the reason you disabled redstone is that tnt can be ignited. Yet it might be able to disable explosions on the housing plot. If this is do-able then I hope you can do it. It would be amazing to see people using redstone to build hidden passages in their housing and other redstone contraptions.
The reason redstone is disabled on housing is due to lag, and the possibility of lag machines. While it would be cool to have redstone available for hidden passages, the lag would not suppress the benefits. There are other ways of making secret areas, such as appareo'ing through white stained glass, carpet, and that purple-y block (I think it's Lapis Lazuli).

mckenna varulv ❦

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: xokenna
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
The reason redstone is disabled on housing is due to lag, and the possibility of lag machines. While it would be cool to have redstone available for hidden passages, the lag would not suppress the benefits. There are other ways of making secret areas, such as appareo'ing through white stained glass, carpet, and that purple-y block (I think it's Lapis Lazuli).
PERIODT!

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Good day @Griffin Scamander!

Thank you for bringing your suggestion to the threads! As we're always on the lookout for new ways to improve our server, your feedback is much appreciated!

At this time, I'll be now forwarding your idea to my fellow Poltergeists to get additional feedback on if we are to implement the idea or not. I'll get back to you here so definitely be on the lookout for future notifications from this thread!

Once again thank you for your suggestion, good care if yourself! <3

Best wishes,
Cate

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again @Griffin Scamander,

Unfortunately, we have made the decision to decline this thread. As mentioned above, it would create a lot of lag in housing. Additionally, there's the risk of players abusing this for other dangerous means such as making machines to crash the housing server or duping items. We don't think the benefits of redstone are worth these risks.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to bring up your suggestion to us and we wish you a wonderful rest of your day!