DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

How to make Pierolotum a better spell.

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
There was a suggestion yesterday or the day before that suggested making Pierolotum a better spell, the suggestion didn't really go into much detail so here's my suggestion how it could actually be used in dueling.

In my opinion, there are 2 ways the spell could go.

1: The spell would be like Aviforma and spawn 2 statues when it hits a target, the Conjured statues would automatically go for the closest target and would be stronger and faster.

2: The spell would spawn 2 statues near you and go after the enemy automatically (I'm not sure this is possible this is why I put the suggestion above too). This one would also be faster and stronger

Personally, I think 2 would be a better option as it would be closer to the opponent and better to actually attack the person with.
(also sorry if this was better of being a comment on the other suggestion, I wasn't too sure)

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello, and thank you for making a suggestion for Potterworld!

I will bring this to light to the Poltergeist team immediately and gain feedback in order to give you a response as soon as possible. Thank you again, and take care!

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello @MattyPoltergeist

I brought your idea up to the team and unfortunately, we will be declining this suggestion at this time. After much consideration, the team came to the conclusion that due to the limitations with our tech here on Potterworld, it is not possible to implement these changes to the spell Pierolotum at this time. In the future, however, please keep an eye out as tech is always changing and there may be changes to the spell that might be just as appealing to you as your suggestion was.

Once again, thank you so much for making a suggestion though! We greatly appreciate it!

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Serpent Werewolf
Hello @MattyPoltergeist

I brought your idea up to the team and unfortunately, we will be declining this suggestion at this time. After much consideration, the team came to the conclusion that due to the limitations with our tech here on Potterworld, it is not possible to implement these changes to the spell Pierolotum at this time. In the future, however, please keep an eye out as tech is always changing and there may be changes to the spell that might be just as appealing to you as your suggestion was.

Once again, thank you so much for making a suggestion though! We greatly appreciate it!
I'm pretty sure option 1 is doable with the tech...

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
Hello @MattyPoltergeist

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I think this really shows what the thread about communication between staff and players was saying. Before the quabbleball changes, lots of suggestions were being made, because they were all put off with 'we don't have the tech'. When the post on changes to quabbleball was made, I was happy to see that it had been explained why they couldn't implement these changes before, instead of just being told that they don't have the tech. Having an actual explanation, however brief, as to why it isn't possible would probably prevent similar ideas from being repeated, since players would know why it isn't possible and actually accept that it isn't possible, instead of thinking that the staff team might be saying that it's not possible just to avoid explaining why they don't want to do it, or something similar.

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Serpent Werewolf
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I think this really shows what the thread about communication between staff and players was saying. Before the quabbleball changes, lots of suggestions were being made, because they were all put off with 'we don't have the tech'. When the post on changes to quabbleball was made, I was happy to see that it had been explained why they couldn't implement these changes before, instead of just being told that they don't have the tech. Having an actual explanation, however brief, as to why it isn't possible would probably prevent similar ideas from being repeated, since players would know why it isn't possible and actually accept that it isn't possible, instead of thinking that the staff team might be saying that it's not possible just to avoid explaining why they don't want to do it, or something similar.
I mean the whole point I made Option 1 was because I pretty much knew that the tech for making a mob go after a specific player wouldn't exist but I don't know because I don't see why Option 1 tech doesn't so I kinda expected another reason. I mean as I said, it's already been shown with Aviforma the only reason I can think of is that the fact that spawning the mobs as hostile might not work, but that doesn't seem that complicated but I don't know