DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Hunger Bar redundant

Petrus

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: St_Petrus_
Raven
Dear Potterworld Team,

I hope you're well! Since hunger is removed from the game, is the hunger bar even needed anymore? But by just removing it, it would go to waste, wouldn't itß I'd take a page from Wynncraft's book and use it for something, I don't know what just yet, magic is already indicated on the Exp bar, but I'm sure a possible and useful utilization will come to your or my mind. It's just an idea, the unused hunger bar annoyes me though.

Sincerely,
Petrus

Kate

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: TbhKate_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Sr. Game Designer
Hey Petrus!

I agree that the hunger bar is not used most of the time, but as of now you can still lose hunger in housing! Therefore, this would have to be changed before any changes are made to the hunger bar. I agree that during gameplay it doesn't serve much purpose, though. Thanks for your suggestion!

Kate

Petrus

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: St_Petrus_
Raven
It seems such a waste to me not to seize this great opportunity in favour of a basically irrelevant feature in a quite small part of the game. that doesn't make any sense to me. If I were you, I'd remove hunger from housing, it only annoyes everyone anyways, to then come up with a great use for the, now unused, hunger bar, it's just the most logical thing to do, wouldn't it?

Last edited:

may2070

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: may2070
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I agree, it also does feel redundant to have hunger in housing as well, since there really is no use for it. Maybe they could replace the hunger bar with extra hearts you get from gear?

Belle

Magician
Minecraft IGN: trashdotcom
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
The reason hunger is available at housing is to change the textures of cake. when you eat cake, there are 6 different appearances that players can use as designs in their builds. since there is no other way to lower hunger (eg. herbology plants like in the old herbology profession) hunger is enabled at housing :)

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Although you don’t use/have hunger in normal worlds I think it would be weird if the hunger bar was just gone. No no no. My brain would hurt if it suddenly evaporated

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello there Petrus,
Thank you for bringing your idea to us!
Your idea has been passed onto the rest of the Poltergeist Team and we will carefully discuss it. Once I have received more feedback, I will respond to this thread.
Stay safe and have a great day!

Joshios

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joshios
I honestly think they should remove hunger on housing, but allow you to change the cake textures another way. Leaving hunger on for such a small portion of items is not worth it, and they should make another way to change the textures without eating them.

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
For hunger in housing, I suggest simply making hunger toggleable :) Simple fix ngl

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again @Petrus,

Thank you once again for the suggestion. We are thankful for any feedback and suggestions given to us by the player base!

Unfortunately, we will be declining this suggestion for now. The hunger bar is currently still in use in housing plots because of cakes, but we will possibly be looking into an alternative way to change cake textures in the future, so hunger on housing wouldn't be necessary anymore. If that can be done however, we are unsure if we will choose to remove it in the future or even use it to represent something else, so this suggestion has been declined for the time being.

Take care and enjoy your day!