DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Ideas for new Easter Eggs!

Volt

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Volt4
Griffin Phoenix
Hello!

One of my favorite things about exploring MC maps is looking for easter eggs. I thought of a new handful of easter eggs to add to the current map. If any of these already exist, feel free to bully me for it :). The images are in thumbnail mode, click them to see the high-res version. All of these are relatively small additions and shouldn't be much trouble to add.

For each idea, I will provide a description, coordinates, and (if convenient for me) an image of the area. The coordinates have hyperlinks to the map.

1. Add the elder wand under the bridge outside the great hall, approximately where it would have landed when Harry threw it after the events of the HP and the Deathly Hallows.
Coordinates: 3632 1 2938
image_2020-11-25_191523.png

2. Add a rememberall next to the gate in the ruined courtyard approximately where Neville dropped it when he broke his wrist.
Coordinates: 3445 34 2574
image_2020-11-25_192104.png

3. Add Dumbledore's hat at the bottom of the astronomy tower where he fell.
Coordinates: 3500 34 2736
image_2020-11-25_193001.png

4. Add the triwizard cup in the riddle yard.
Coordinates: 3290 37 7297
image_2020-11-25_193835.png

5. Add tents all around the map in locations where the trio may have camped during the events of the HP and the Deathly Hallows. This is probably my favorite idea. Modifying the landscape in the area slightly may help match the movie more.
(I was too lazy to travel all around the map for screenshots, but I got some images from the movie.)
1st tent: 2862 3913
image_2020-11-25_194729.png
2nd tent: (I couldn't find a good location for this one, reply to this post with some suggestions c: )
image_2020-11-25_194933.png
3rd tent: 5979 7795
image_2020-11-25_195405.png
4th tent: 3180 9363
image_2020-11-25_195710.png
5th tent (Maybe add a frozen lake nearby with a sword under the ice ^-^): 2831 5863
image_2020-11-25_195948.png

Last edited:

Volt

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Volt4
Griffin Phoenix
I REALLY like this especially the tents, it would be cool to even explore the inside of them
Yeah agreed. I think something that appears in the chat (like "2/5 tents found!") to encourage players to continue to search for tents could be neat as well.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello everyone!

Thank you for the fantastic suggestions. I'll definitely make sure to bring them up to the Poltergeist Team and get their opinions on them. We'll let you know once we have received a response.
Have a great day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again @Volt,

Thank you for the wonderful suggestion! We really loved the idea and would love to add some easter eggs for players to find around the map! For now, we will be adding the second and third easter eggs (remembrall and dumbledore's hat) but we will be holding off on adding the others, as these might be seen in some quests in the future.
Have a great day everyone and thanks for suggesting this!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Heyaa @Volt,

I'm back with an update! We have added the ones we wanted to (the Remembrall and Dumbledore's hat), but we will have to be very careful with adding any other HP references in the future due to the Cease and Desist letter from Warner Brothers (see discord for announcements). We might look into adding references to other fandoms instead.

We hope you enjoy the new additions and understand why we cannot add many others. Please reach out if you have any questions regarding this!