DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

igniotempus nerf

lightning_boss

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Jutarii
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin
so since recently the spell ignio tempus spell got really popular in dueling, and in gauntlet 2.
the problem with the spell comes in dueling in my opinion.
the spell does 2.7k dmg with damage tier 5 and 2.3 k without the damage tier 5.
the thing thats wrong with the spell in my opinion that woth the cast time reduction it is almost impossible to counter unless u already have a mobility spell selected but its way too fast to charge like that to do that much damage.
also the range is weird due to the small lines and no outlining its hard to see where it will hit.
also the cooldown of certain spells. indeed i see that ascendo and appareo put igniotempus on cooldown. but other spells like volo and accersio which also easily closes distance which will be an easy 2.5k damage to hit.
also the spell height is nonsense in my opinion the fact i can get hit while jumping over it is in my opinion too much but the fact you can get hit 3 blocks above it is again too strong for 1 hit aoe 2.5k.
also there should be a limit for the raneg the user has to be in since there is bing based glitches where i propulso that should cancel the spell but wont due to it being 0.01 second late so the igniotempus will happen at the place i am at. or they can just mobility away. in terms of this its way too strong in my opinion.

Last edited:

lightning_boss

Magician
still very situational for dueling tho cuz it eats like half ur mana
so the magic cost is 40 which is equal to multiple spells in which this is byfar the strongest
aoe: baulectrium: same charge time but way less damage and easier to escape.
conflamorus. does 300 less damage with the same charging time and only hits 1 player but does have range.

Last edited:

Blueburypancakes

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: blueburypancakes
Honeybadger Dark Follower Phoenix Werewolf
so the magic cost is 40 which is equal to multiple spells in which this is byfar the strongest
aoe: baulectrium: same charge time but way less damage and easier to escape.
conflamorus. does 300 less damage with the same charging time and only hits 1 player but does have range.
if they did give it a nerf i feel like it should be a longer charge time so it's harder to combo and stuff, igniotempus is huge for pve if a bunch of mobs are attacking so i don't feel like it should get a bigger cooldown time or damage reduction

lightning_boss

Magician
if they did give it a nerf i feel like it should be a longer charge time so it's harder to combo and stuff, igniotempus is huge for pve if a bunch of mobs are attacking so i don't feel like it should get a bigger cooldown time or damage reduction
its strong in pve yes but it shouldnt be OP in pvp because its good for pve.
id say the few things i recommanded are good fixes

Blueburypancakes

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: blueburypancakes
Honeybadger Dark Follower Phoenix Werewolf
its strong in pve yes but it shouldnt be OP in pvp because its good for pve.
id say the few things i recommanded are good fixes
Yeah I definitely think that it shouldn't have vertical range, it's supposed to be a ground spell you should be able to avoid it by jumping and that would be a big weakness its weird that it still hits vertically

Kаilen

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Kailen
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Bump. Spell does an outrageous amount of damage. Either nerf the damage or, make it so if the caster is in the AOE they're also hit to add a little more skill to it. (I'm not mad :mad::mad::mad:)

Aglyn

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Aglyn
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Class Design Arena Grandmaster SPEW Academics Advisor
Hiya, @lightning_boss

I have arrived with some awesome news. This suggestion has been accepted and completed. In the recent magic patch Igniotempus had several changes made to it including the lowering of its damage, lowering of the radius, and the increasing of its casting time.

Players can read more about this magic patch and the specific changes made to Igniotempus, among other spells, by clicking
here.

Thank you for creating your suggestion we appreciate it.

I hope you have a wonderful day/night!