DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Improving the Wizard's PE Class on PotterworldMC: 5 Suggestions for a More Engaging Experience

LiviDk

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: lividk
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Dear PotterworldMC Staff Members,

I am writing to you today to suggest some improvements for the Wizard's PE class on PotterworldMC. While I already enjoy the Wizard's PE class, I believe that there is still room for improvement to make the experience even more enjoyable for all players.

Separated Difficulties
My first suggestion is to create separated difficulties for each parkour course. As we all know, some players might get frustrated if they find a particular course too challenging to complete. To ensure that all players can participate in the parkour class, I suggest that each course should have an easy, medium, and hard difficulty level.

Completing the easy course should provide the player with minimal academic credits (5), while completing the medium course should give 7 academic credits, and completing the hardest course should give 10 academic credits. By having separated difficulties, players who find the parkour class challenging can still participate and earn points at the same time.

I understand that creating separate difficulties might take extra time to prepare, and that means that fewer courses will be added. However, I believe that having difficulties for each course is important to include everyone and make the parkour class accessible to all players.

Introducing Magic (again)
My second suggestion is to introduce magic into the parkour class, specifically, by bringing back the "magic courses" feature from Wizard's PE.

However, I do understand that some players might prefer the traditional parkour experience without the use of magic. Therefore, I suggest keeping both the normal courses and the magic courses available. The professor could then decide whether to enable the use of magic maps or not, depending on the class they are teaching.

I understand that introducing magic into the parkour class might also mean that it could potentially ruin the racing aspect of the class. To avoid this, I suggest that a way around it be considered, as this is a very important aspect of the entirety of Wizard's PE.

In conclusion, my suggestion is to bring back the "magic courses" feature into the parkour class on PotterworldMC, alongside the normal courses. The professor can decide whether to enable them or not. Please consider this suggestion as I believe it will provide more variety and excitement to the parkour class.

Automatic Notification System for Staff Members
And here comes my third suggestion that I believe would improve the Wizard's PE class on PotterworldMC. My suggestion is to implement a notification system that automatically alerts the staff when a player completes a course.

Currently, players have to say "I finished X" to notify staff that they have completed a course. However, this is not very user-friendly and can be easily forgotten or overlooked. By implementing a notification system, it would be easier for staff to keep track of the progress of the players and ensure that they receive the points they deserve for completing a course.

I suggest that this notification system could work by automatically sending a message to the staff when a player passes the end of a course. This could be in the form of a pop-up message or a sound notification, and it should be visible to all staff members, regardless of their location in the class.

I believe that this small improvement would greatly benefit the parkour class and make it more enjoyable for all players. Thank you for your consideration.

Player Visibility Toggle
And here comes my fourth suggestion that I believe would enhance the Wizard's PE class experience on PotterworldMC. My suggestion is to implement a toggle feature that allows players to hide other players while doing parkour.

I understand that some players prefer to watch everyone do parkour, while others find it distracting and prefer to focus solely on their own progress. Therefore, I suggest adding a toggle feature that allows players to switch between the two options.

To make this feature easily accessible, it could be added to the clock. Players could right-click to see the time left, and left-click to toggle player visibility. This would make it easy for players to switch between the two options whenever they wish.

I understand that this suggestion has already been made by @RainbowElfe in this post, but I believe that adding it to this list would be a good idea, as it consolidates all the suggestions in one place.

In conclusion, my suggestion is to implement a toggle feature that allows players to hide other players while doing parkour, to accommodate the different preferences of players. Thank you for considering my suggestion.

Spectator Mode for Finished Parkourists
I will now write to you with one final suggestion that I believe would greatly enhance the Wizard's PE class on PotterworldMC. My suggestion is to give players who have finished the course the option to spectate other players who are still doing the course.

By allowing players who have finished the course to spectate other players, it would create a more collaborative and helpful environment. Finished players would be able to offer advice and help to other players who may be struggling with a particular jump, without disturbing their concentration. This would make the Wizard's PE class more enjoyable and engaging for everyone.

To implement this feature, a simple option could be added that players could select once they finish the course. This would allow them to stay in the course area, but in a spectator mode where they can observe and chat with other players.

I believe that this suggestion would be a valuable addition to the Wizard's PE class on PotterworldMC and would greatly enhance the experience for all players.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my suggestion.

Conclusion
I would like to suggest five improvements to the Wizard's PE class on PotterworldMC. Firstly, I suggest creating different difficulty levels for each parkour course to make it accessible for all players. Secondly, I suggest introducing "magic maps" as an optional feature in Wizards PE, allowing the professor to enable or disable them. Thirdly, I suggest implementing a feature that notifies staff when a player completes a course. Fourthly, I suggest allowing players to toggle between hiding or showing other players during the class. Finally, I suggest adding a feature that would allow players who have finished the parkour to spectate other players and offer help and advice.

We believe that implementing these suggestions would improve the parkour class on PotterworldMC and make it more enjoyable and engaging for all players. Thank you for considering our suggestions.

Sincerely,
Leyak

TL;DR
I suggest five improvements for the Wizard's PE class on PotterworldMC:
- Create different difficulty levels for each course
- Introduce "magic maps" as an optional feature in Wizard's PE
- Notify staff when a player completes a course
- Allow players to toggle visibility of other players
-Let finished players spectate and offer help to others.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
Dear PotterworldMC Staff Members,

I am writing to you today to suggest some improvements for the Wizard's PE class on PotterworldMC. While I already enjoy the Wizard's PE class, I believe that there is still room for improvement to make the experience even more enjoyable for all players.

Separated Difficulties
My first suggestion is to create separated difficulties for each parkour course. As we all know, some players might get frustrated if they find a particular course too challenging to complete. To ensure that all players can participate in the parkour class, I suggest that each course should have an easy, medium, and hard difficulty level.

Completing the easy course should provide the player with minimal academic credits (5), while completing the medium course should give 7 academic credits, and completing the hardest course should give 10 academic credits. By having separated difficulties, players who find the parkour class challenging can still participate and earn points at the same time.

I understand that creating separate difficulties might take extra time to prepare, and that means that fewer courses will be added. However, I believe that having difficulties for each course is important to include everyone and make the parkour class accessible to all players.

Introducing Magic (again)
My second suggestion is to introduce magic into the parkour class, specifically, by bringing back the "magic courses" feature from Wizard's PE.

However, I do understand that some players might prefer the traditional parkour experience without the use of magic. Therefore, I suggest keeping both the normal courses and the magic courses available. The professor could then decide whether to enable the use of magic maps or not, depending on the class they are teaching.

I understand that introducing magic into the parkour class might also mean that it could potentially ruin the racing aspect of the class. To avoid this, I suggest that a way around it be considered, as this is a very important aspect of the entirety of Wizard's PE.

In conclusion, my suggestion is to bring back the "magic courses" feature into the parkour class on PotterworldMC, alongside the normal courses. The professor can decide whether to enable them or not. Please consider this suggestion as I believe it will provide more variety and excitement to the parkour class.

Automatic Notification System for Staff Members
And here comes my third suggestion that I believe would improve the Wizard's PE class on PotterworldMC. My suggestion is to implement a notification system that automatically alerts the staff when a player completes a course.

Currently, players have to say "I finished X" to notify staff that they have completed a course. However, this is not very user-friendly and can be easily forgotten or overlooked. By implementing a notification system, it would be easier for staff to keep track of the progress of the players and ensure that they receive the points they deserve for completing a course.

I suggest that this notification system could work by automatically sending a message to the staff when a player passes the end of a course. This could be in the form of a pop-up message or a sound notification, and it should be visible to all staff members, regardless of their location in the class.

I believe that this small improvement would greatly benefit the parkour class and make it more enjoyable for all players. Thank you for your consideration.

Player Visibility Toggle
And here comes my fourth suggestion that I believe would enhance the Wizard's PE class experience on PotterworldMC. My suggestion is to implement a toggle feature that allows players to hide other players while doing parkour.

I understand that some players prefer to watch everyone do parkour, while others find it distracting and prefer to focus solely on their own progress. Therefore, I suggest adding a toggle feature that allows players to switch between the two options.

To make this feature easily accessible, it could be added to the clock. Players could right-click to see the time left, and left-click to toggle player visibility. This would make it easy for players to switch between the two options whenever they wish.

I understand that this suggestion has already been made by @RainbowElfe in this post, but I believe that adding it to this list would be a good idea, as it consolidates all the suggestions in one place.

In conclusion, my suggestion is to implement a toggle feature that allows players to hide other players while doing parkour, to accommodate the different preferences of players. Thank you for considering my suggestion.

Spectator Mode for Finished Parkourists
I will now write to you with one final suggestion that I believe would greatly enhance the Wizard's PE class on PotterworldMC. My suggestion is to give players who have finished the course the option to spectate other players who are still doing the course.

By allowing players who have finished the course to spectate other players, it would create a more collaborative and helpful environment. Finished players would be able to offer advice and help to other players who may be struggling with a particular jump, without disturbing their concentration. This would make the Wizard's PE class more enjoyable and engaging for everyone.

To implement this feature, a simple option could be added that players could select once they finish the course. This would allow them to stay in the course area, but in a spectator mode where they can observe and chat with other players.

I believe that this suggestion would be a valuable addition to the Wizard's PE class on PotterworldMC and would greatly enhance the experience for all players.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my suggestion.

Conclusion
I would like to suggest five improvements to the Wizard's PE class on PotterworldMC. Firstly, I suggest creating different difficulty levels for each parkour course to make it accessible for all players. Secondly, I suggest introducing "magic maps" as an optional feature in Wizards PE, allowing the professor to enable or disable them. Thirdly, I suggest implementing a feature that notifies staff when a player completes a course. Fourthly, I suggest allowing players to toggle between hiding or showing other players during the class. Finally, I suggest adding a feature that would allow players who have finished the parkour to spectate other players and offer help and advice.

We believe that implementing these suggestions would improve the parkour class on PotterworldMC and make it more enjoyable and engaging for all players. Thank you for considering our suggestions.

Sincerely,
Leyak

TL;DR
I suggest five improvements for the Wizard's PE class on PotterworldMC:
- Create different difficulty levels for each course
- Introduce "magic maps" as an optional feature in Wizard's PE
- Notify staff when a player completes a course
- Allow players to toggle visibility of other players
-Let finished players spectate and offer help to others.
1. I disagree, I feel like it would be too much work considering we didn't even get a single normal new course in years
2. I like the idea of magic being used for parkours, but I feel like it would work much better for world parkours, rather than it being a class thing
3. It could announce it for everyone, so that staff don't have to worry about writing it down each time and it would be much easier overall. Good idea, I like it.
4. This is something I recently asked for in Arena, for flying specifically. Many many many servers have the option which allows each player to toggle player visibility as they like. It should be pretty easy to implement, so I'm not sure as to why the invisibility thing is such a big deal for them (when they introduced the glowing for flying minigame, they said it was impossible to do so for challenges and classes, and just chose not to do anything for those even tho the invisibility suggestion was on hold for over a year).
5. Not sure how this would work? First of, i don't think you're allowed to give players spectator mode or even flight in any scenario during classes. They could teleport you manually to a specific stage where you want to help others, and if they do the toggle thing, it could work well.

Last edited:

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
5. Not sure how this would work? First of, i don't think you're allowed to give players spectator mode or even flight in any scenario. They could teleport you manually to a specific stage where you want to help others, and if they do the toggle thing, it could work well.
ACTUALLY IVANKA SPECTATOR MODE IS USED IN MINIGAMES AND FLYING IS USED ON HOUSING! SO YOU ARE WRONG (i dont have any opinion on this matter i just wanted to tell you that you are wrong).

Ivan_

Professor
ACTUALLY IVANKA SPECTATOR MODE IS USED IN MINIGAMES AND FLYING IS USED ON HOUSING! SO YOU ARE WRONG (i dont have any opinion on this matter i just wanted to tell you that you are wrong).
you cant just give players spectator or fly in classes where they could leave and go wherever

Ivan_

Professor
DID I SAY U CUD IVAN DID I. I WAS JUJST PROVING YOU WERE WRONG. U SAID 'ANY SCENARIO', MEANING YOU WERE ALSO REFERENCING SCENARIOUS OUTSIDE OF CLASS. ADMIT IT.
in any scenario DURING CLASS. We're discussing WIZ PE over here Matty, do not break the forum rules!

HektorTM

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: HektorTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
you cant just give players spectator or fly in classes where they could leave and go wherever
actually i believe you could since there is i believe an option that if you join a server outside of class server it turns off spectator mode or fly mode iirc.

Ivan_

Professor
actually i believe you could since there is i believe an option that if you join a server outside of class server it turns off spectator mode or fly mode iirc.
I meant leave the parkour area and go wherever within the class world, not leave the class.

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hihi @LiviDk !!

We quite enjoyed the first four suggestions and will be working towards implementing them. This may however take a little while for them to be seen in-game.

We are unfortunately declining suggestion 5 as it is currently not feasible.

Thank you for your suggestions though! We really appreciate them. I hope you have a wonderful day/night :serpent: