DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

In-Game Map?

heyitslena

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: heyitslena
Staff Potterwatch Streamer Raven Master Arithmancer
I know we have the map here on the website, but I think an in-game map would be really useful! I've seen other servers use maps in-game as well. You can use a plugin or mod to have it be in the top left or right. I find myself using the map on the site a lot and I think a map in-game would be even better so i can actually see if i'm facing the right away and maybe even a compass would work too. I just think with an open-world game like this a in-game map could be really useful!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello lenaplays,
Thank you for making a suggestion for Potterworld! We always try to look for more ways to improve the server and player feedback and suggestions are really important for us.
I will now bring up your idea to the other Poltergeists, so that we can discuss it and inform you of our decision soon.
Have a magical day!

Grace

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Vampire SPEW
Hey there!

Your suggestion was brought up to the rest of the Poltergeist team and we have ultimately decided to decline it. Although we can see how this might be helpful, we just feel this isn’t the direction we want to be going. We have an online map for a specific reason and want to encourage players to try and explore or find their way around rather than just staring at a map.

This being said, we may end up adding different tracking methods sometime in the future. We did like the idea of adding a compass so we might look to implementing that or adding some changes to the current map. However, these are not 100% set in stone and are more of a potential possibility sometime in the future. We really do appreciate your suggestion and would love to hear any ideas you have in the future. Thank you so much for you suggestion and have a fantastic day! :)