DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Increase the server side render/view distance

I think that potterworld should increase the render distance that is available for players. Servers have a maximum render distance that players can see (potterworld being 6 chunks) and only 6 chunks is not enough. This does not apply to single player worlds since that is running off of your own computer. 6 chunks makes it hard to see where you're supposed to be going on land and in the air. I would personally set it to 12 chunks so that players with the processing power can set it to 12 so that they could see more land and chunks.
2020-09-15_15.06.44.png

You can barely see any land while flying.

Joshios

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joshios
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Keep in mind that server render distance can affect server performance, and considering Potterworld's very complex plugins and decent player size, I would understand why they have it set as 6.

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Like people have said before this is to prevent lag which imo is already a big issue at 6 chunks. Maybe you did not attend the unofficial launch of Revelius ((July 12th) but I did and it was a lag fest because 150-200 people were on their brooms riding off to the sunset loading chunks quickly. I don't think it would be any different if it was 75 people and there was a 12 chunk render distance.

Like people have said before this is to prevent lag which imo is already a big issue at 6 chunks. Maybe you did not attend the unofficial launch of Revelius ((July 12th) but I did and it was a lag fest because 150-200 people were on their brooms riding off to the sunset loading chunks quickly. I don't think it would be any different if it was 75 people and there was a 12 chunk render distance.
Yeah I just joined this server after the revelius update but maybe its time for potterworld to upgrade their servers? If it lags already

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
pw has 5 second lag spikes at least 2-3 times every 5 minutes. makes dueling or mob fighting kinda a yikes, because you can die easily in that time frame

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
I think that potterworld should increase the render distance that is available for players. Servers have a maximum render distance that players can see (potterworld being 6 chunks) and only 6 chunks is not enough. This does not apply to single player worlds since that is running off of your own computer. 6 chunks makes it hard to see where you're supposed to be going on land and in the air. I would personally set it to 12 chunks so that players with the processing power can set it to 12 so that they could see more land and chunks. View attachment 796
You can barely see any land while flying.
This is literally the reason I can't usually stand to play this server anymore unless I'm popping in for a class, event or to play some minigames. They force us to travel everywhere, but then you can't even render enough of the world to see where you're going. Lol

This is literally the reason I can't usually stand to play this server anymore unless I'm popping in for a class, event or to play some minigames. They force us to travel everywhere, but then you can't even render enough of the world to see where you're going. Lol
Yeah, it's pretty annoying

Motionic

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Motionic
Dark Follower Griffin Vampire
Hello everyone! Thank you all so much for discussing this idea. It's amazing to hear all of your opinions! I will bring it up with the other poltergeists and we will discuss it further. Feel free to continue the discussion at the same time as every comment is taken into account. I will reply to the thread with our decision once it has been made. Until then, have a wonderful day everyone!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello, @tommy317!

Unfortunately, your suggestion has been declined because this would increase lag on the worlds and hinder server performance, which some players would find unbearable. Regardless of this, thank you for making this suggestion, and I hope you bring up more suggestions and share them in the near future!

Have a lovely day!

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
You need to explore every corner! Preferably by feet.