DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

"Interactive" Crystal Balls

Sirje_Wildmoon

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: AstralFae
Dark Follower Serpent
So, I just had this idea for an interesting little "minigame" involving crystal balls (perhaps only the ones in the divination room, which would have a cooldown for this idea, so that it isn't spammable)

The idea of the crystal ball, at least within HP Lore , is that you must "unfog" the "future", I think it would be an interesting way to earn XP (for undergraduates) or gold (for graduates) of course, we can't really predict the future, unfortunately but

My idea is that when you use the crystal ball, you would answer trivia questions about the server and/or HP (so long as it doesn't infringe on copyright too much) , of course, there would need to be a lot of varying questions of varying difficulty (so each time it's not necessarily easy, so it adds challenge) there would be a timer in which you would have to answer the question, maybe a few minutes. If you get it right, you are rewarded with xp (or as already said, gold for graduates)

I just think something like this could add another new and interesting way to earn XP for players, especially those with a more laid back playstyle. Not everyone is good at, or has the time for grinding mobs, not everyone can make it to classes, especially depending on their time zone. And afaik, whilst chests give gold and ingredients/gear etc, I don't think they actually give XP. So, as I said, it could just be a new fun idea.

and no its not just because i've been addicted to quiz games for some weird reason>.>

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hihi @Sirje_Wildmoon!!

Thank you for this wonderful suggestion. We're always looking for new ways to improve the servers enjoyment! I will bring your suggestion up to the rest of the poltergeist team to discuss further, Once a decision has been made by our leads, I will return with a response. So keep an eye out on this thread B)

Thank you once again and I hope you have a wonderful day/night:serpent:

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello again @Sirje_Wildmoon!!

Although the idea sounds interesting, we are looking to make minigames that are engaging for the players. For this, having them stand still to answer the questions is something we want to avoid. There are also similar alternatives to this like the trivia in Party Games and Trivia classes. Therefore, this suggestion has been declined.

Regardless, thank you for suggestion this idea. We really do appreciate it. I hope you have a wonderful day/night:serpent: