DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Lay more focus on Quabbleball / Give Quabbleball more attention

What’s the best smiley

• xd

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • xD

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • XD

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • XDDDDDDDDD

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

Frebii

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Frebii
Griffin Phoenix SPEW
Quidditch played such a huge role in the HP Universe while it gets almost to no recognition by the Server Team (Maybe 2 Updates a year LOL)

WE WANT QUABBLEBALL TOURNEYS [EDIT: NO LEADERBOARD BUT REGISTERED TEAMS] NO ONE ASKED FOR SLEDDING OR PODRACING

Sorry it had to be said. Pls don’t ban me I’m trying to help you guys improve the server D:

Last edited:

xxXperteXxx

Magician
Minecraft IGN: xxXperteXxx
Auralock Serpent
First, it's important to say that 'xD' is the one and only right solution to the poll.

Second, Quabbleball tournaments would be awesome. The teams could be register the same way like they registered in the Winter Waltz 2020 Tournament. I don't think that this would require a lot of programming and other preparation since the game itself and the maps already exist.

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
tbf I think the only hard thing about it is how do u judge how many players are allowed in the tournament (e.g. per team), cause u cud have it like flying and dueling where u do it with a different tournament per thing (however I think this wud put too much stress on the arena team if the ladder system was done especially if they were often), you could also do it so anyone cud sign up with how many (tho this wud be kinda unfair but also mean that the tournaments cud be less often and even be done in a world cup sort of big style) or u cud just limit it to like 7 and say if u dont have 7 u cant join (but this wud be kinda sad as it wud leave out ppl with smaller friend groups and wud leave out people in friend groups larger than 7), idk, personally if it wud be done I wud prefer it to be done less often than flying or dueling to make it more of a cool thing. The final option of course is by doing it by house like in the books. Theres the way where you just let people in their house choose who they like in their house until they get a team (this wud be kinda dumb as it would leave even more people out and disconnect ppl) or just have it so its like the old tournaments where its like elimintion (but if the ladder system was in place this wud be even more work for the arena team)

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
tbf I think the only hard thing about it is how do u judge how many players are allowed in the tournament (e.g. per team), cause u cud have it like flying and dueling where u do it with a different tournament per thing (however I think this wud put too much stress on the arena team if the ladder system was done especially if they were often), you could also do it so anyone cud sign up with how many (tho this wud be kinda unfair but also mean that the tournaments cud be less often and even be done in a world cup sort of big style) or u cud just limit it to like 7 and say if u dont have 7 u cant join (but this wud be kinda sad as it wud leave out ppl with smaller friend groups and wud leave out people in friend groups larger than 7), idk, personally if it wud be done I wud prefer it to be done less often than flying or dueling to make it more of a cool thing. The final option of course is by doing it by house like in the books. Theres the way where you just let people in their house choose who they like in their house until they get a team (this wud be kinda dumb as it would leave even more people out and disconnect ppl) or just have it so its like the old tournaments where its like elimintion (but if the ladder system was in place this wud be even more work for the arena team)
idk if this makes any sense btw but oh well basically im saying it wud be complicated to have a ladder system and also control the amount of players per team, it also wud be a lot to work out how the tournament is actually timed and how automatic it wud be

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
1) This will prob get marked as a dupe and linked to the thread in which it was said they liked the idea but it wasn't possible. I am curious if something similar to staff queue could be done easily (This would let team picking be added & limit who can join which game).

2) Totally agree that it doesnt need to be as common as dueling, even a biyearly or quarterly tourny would be amazing.

mayu lettuce

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: mommymayu
Auralock Dark Follower Raven SPEW
yuhh i think quarterly tourneys would be nice, with 7 (?) players each team!!! team building will be brutal :’)

i just don’t know if it’s possible to have a match of quabbleball without any other people (other than the players) joining in, or creating a custom match with a modified queue, or even transferring the qb system into a class served. (spectating/streaming seems possible tho)

edited bc the emoji is ugly

Sticktrees

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: SmellyBigBro
Dark Follower Griffin
Quidditch played such a huge role in the HP Universe while it gets almost to no recognition by the Server Team (Maybe 2 Updates a year LOL)

WE WANT QUABBLEBALL TOURNEYS [EDIT: NO LEADERBOARD BUT REGISTERED TEAMS] NO ONE ASKED FOR SLEDDING OR PODRACING

Sorry it had to be said. Pls don’t ban me I’m trying to help you guys improve the server D:
Sledding was added as a seasonal addition was it not? I think it's good that they added new and different tournaments. Quabbleball could be a good tournament as well, but I don't know how big its community is.

Frebii

Graduate
Griffin Phoenix SPEW
Sledding was added as a seasonal addition was it not? I think it's good that they added new and different tournaments. Quabbleball could be a good tournament as well, but I don't know how big its community is.
That's why I said they should lay more focus onto it, especially since it had such a big role in the books/movies. Also Quabbleball tourneys have been suggested by the community for almost 2 years now, while no one to my knowledge ever suggested a Sledding or Podracing Tourney.

Sticktrees

Graduate
Dark Follower Griffin
That's why I said they should lay more focus onto it, especially since it had such a big role in the books/movies. Also Quabbleball tourneys have been suggested by the community for almost 2 years now, while no one to my knowledge ever suggested a Sledding or Podracing Tourney.
I mean I believe that there is a lot of focus on Quabbleball and I do think they could add more it's just that with a 7 player team I don't know if there are enough people that aren't regulars of Quabbleball to participate in a tournament including how many people may just insta lose to a god team which is demotivating. I do believe that people have brought up the idea of a sledding tournament to arena masters before and the idea of sledding was really well done bc the sledding tournament was full and many people participated.

Frebii

Graduate
Griffin Phoenix SPEW
I mean I believe that there is a lot of focus on Quabbleball and I do think they could add more it's just that with a 7 player team I don't know if there are enough people that aren't regulars of Quabbleball to participate in a tournament including how many people may just insta lose to a god team which is demotivating. I do believe that people have brought up the idea of a sledding tournament to arena masters before and the idea of sledding was really well done bc the sledding tournament was full and many people participated.
thats the point of this suggestion. if they give quabbleball more attention more people are gonna get into it therefore Tourneys in that direciton wouldn't be that unrealistic

Also you cant compare Sledding to Quabbleball since Sledding is most likely 1v1 or 2v2 and Quabbleball are way bigger teams

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I suck at Quidditch but it’d be a cool tournament to watch lol and fun if it’s your thing you play :)

Sticktrees

Graduate
Dark Follower Griffin
thats the point of this suggestion. if they give quabbleball more attention more people are gonna get into it therefore Tourneys in that direciton wouldn't be that unrealistic

Also you cant compare Sledding to Quabbleball since Sledding is most likely 1v1 or 2v2 and Quabbleball are way bigger teams
Fair enough, I think something in-game may have more impact compared to a forums post. I don't think I was comparing Sledding to Quabbleball I was just stating how people had suggested the idea and that when they made that idea happen it was a big success in terms of players. I wouldn't mind having a Quabbleball tournament because it adds something else to do compared to most of the same things.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
cough rn every team tourny is basically over before it begins cause of a "god" team cough

Sticktrees

Graduate
Dark Follower Griffin
cough rn every team tourny is basically over before it begins cause of a "god" team cough
True, but there are always ppl getting better rn in every tourney especially now bc there are many ppl that are playing rn. They may not be any new duelists or flyers winning the tournaments but some people are improving and may win someday. Ex. Calpiico, ChloeChi, Salmandingo, and others who engage more in the dueling/ flying communities.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello everyone,

As already mentioned this thread is a duplicate of other threads, such as this thread or this thread or this thread. However, due to it's popularity, we will be discussing this again and seeing if it is possible in some way, so keep an eye on those threads for a response!

Thanks for bringing this up again and enjoy your day!