DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Learning spells

Nik_Blazius

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Nik_Blazius
Honeybadger
Hi! For me it is strange that we start with spells and suddenly we get more after levelling up. Without learning we just know them. I think there could be more ways to learn spells.

At the beginning we could get a wand without spells and then we could buy something like a "First Years' Spell Guide Book", which gave us the ability to cast the basic spells. It could also emphasize that we have learned the spells and not that we just know it randomly.

The first uses of spells could be inefficient, it could cause you nausea or other types of "funny" effects. The spells you had just learned were not the most effective at the beginning, but later you could cast them more successfully.

When an NPC sends you to fight a mob, they could teach you another spell, a spell that is more efficient against the mob you have to kill. A Professor NPC could also teach you spells every year. Because of the tendency to put importance on exploration, spells could be learned in different libraries in different towns in any years.

There could be hidden books or notes about spells. These could give us the knowledge to use them. Similarly to the Advanced Potion Making book, where Sectumsempra was mentioned. Notes about spells in hidden chests in the wilderness could also encourage exploring.

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I really like this idea! However, it would be an immense amount of work. It would be very fun, but I quite doubt this would be accepted - or at least not all of your idea would be accepted.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello therblaze,
Thank you for making a suggestion for the server.
We, the Poltergeist Team, will now discuss your suggestion and get back to you soon with a response.
Have a great day!

Nik_Blazius

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Nik_Blazius
Honeybadger
Hi Aurora,
Thank you for discussing the suggestion I made for the server.
We, students, will wait patiently while you are discussing this suggestion and look forward to your response.
Have an amazing day!

Last edited:

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hi Aurora,
Thank you for discussing the suggestion I made for the server.
We, students, will wait patiently while you are discussing this suggestion and look forward to your response.
Have an amazing day!
Okay comedy gold-

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello, @Nik_Blazius!
Sorry for the wait and thank you for your patience! Through discussion from the staff team, we have decided to accept your suggestion as we will be looking into new ways for players to learn spells. We love the idea of players obtaining spells through different methods such as secrets, old tombs, or even different locations around the map. Most of the spells will still be taught by a Hogsworth professor, but we are definitely interested in adding new ways to discover them! We hope that you continue to create more suggestions!
Have a nice day!