DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

/leave confirmation message in minigames.

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
When you type /leave a message would appear in chat asking you if you really want to leave the game. It could say, "Leaving the game often can be considered as trolling and leaves your team at a disadvantage." Followed by a YES or NO which would kick you out of the game or keep you in it. This would hopefully prevent new players from leaving games as they would not know rules as well and may stop some ragequits.

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hey there!

Thank you for your suggestion! I'll bring it up to the rest of the Poltergeist team so that we can discuss your idea and we'll get back to you as soon as we can with a response.

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Heya!

Thank you once again for taking the time to make this suggestion. Feedback and suggestions are important to us as it lets us hear some of your ideas. At this time, we will be declining your suggestion. It would be redundant, as the game rules are now stated at the start of the game and it would most likely get annoying for players - it would be repetitive, due to the rules being displayed at the start. It could potentially be annoying to players leaving games for a reason. It's also the players' responsibility to know the rules of the server. By completing the introduction to the server, they accept that they know & will follow the rules.

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I see your one month late response and raise you a two month late response.
At this time, we will be declining your suggestion. It would be redundant, as the game rules are now stated at the start of the game and it would most likely get annoying for players - it would be repetitive, due to the rules being displayed at the start.
At the start of a game it tells you how to play the game, not the rules. However it does provide a link to the rules on the website. Which you have to scroll almost all the way to the bottom to see that leaving a game in team games is considered game-throwing and against the rules. Once you join a game server you have about 10 seconds before the game actually starts, no one could have the actual opportunity to see the minigame rules every time. I don't see how this could be considered repetitive in any way.
It could potentially be annoying to players leaving games for a reason.
I honestly doubt anyone would be leaving games that frequently that it would become a problem for them. Even then, its one click. I think it's more annoying when you have a teammate that throws the game because they're losing. If its still a problem for those people, just add an option to turn the reminder off in /me.
It's also the players' responsibility to know the rules of the server. By completing the introduction to the server, they accept that they know & will follow the rules.
Every game of Hypixel Bedwars and Skywars notifies all the players that cross-teaming is not allowed, even though in their rules they state that playing the server means you have to follow their rules. Almost every competitive game I know of tells you that leaving the game and abandoning your teammates will result in a consequence. Even though the rules of those games say its against the rules. People leaving games in PW is still an issue and I believe that this is a step in the right direction for solving it. I don't think that this should be in every game. Only the ones that have teams like Hide and Seek & Quabbleball, and the ones who have leaderboards that make losses negatively affect your score. I'm not saying this would completely eliminate any chance that someone throws a game, but a barrier of acknowledgement would definitely help prevent some of it.

Last edited: