DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Lightsaber for pvp

WizardingDoggo

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Manduckloran
Griffin
In the may the fourth event, there were lightsabers available for star tokens. And they are amazing! The sounds are so cool, and I love it! But it feels like something is missing. Since its a lightsaber, it should be used in combat too! I think the lightsabers people have right now should get changed so that it can be used as a melee weapon. So technically, the first melee weapon in the game! I think this is a great idea because People would like to use lightsabers in real pvp, or for fighting mobs.

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
This is an interesting idea, but it would have to be in a separate area because they would be unfair in dueling. One year during a Valentine's Day event there was a sword that was meant to only be used in the event, but it worked in dueling as well, and it broke dueling for a short while until they removed it. Perhaps there could be a temporary "Lightsaber Arena" where you could use the lightsaber, and maybe it could have a few spells, like the lightsabers in the 2017 and 2018 Star Battle minigames.

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Honeybadger
Even if they were severely nerfed, they would still not be allowed in PVP, because it's only available for a limited time each year, and would give players who played during the event an unfair advantage, even if that advantage is miniscule.

sophia

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Sophia_ZJZ
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I don't believe this would be a good addition. It would give players who were here during the event an unfair advantage over the newcomers and those who could not attend the event. It could also cause a lot of issues at players' housings and classes. I don't see this fitting in with the scheme of the server.

Zmiya

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zmiy
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
Event items are always cosmetic and I don't think that should be changed for lightsabers. Besides, it's not really fair on players to change the lightsabers after they've already worked hard for them. There'll be players who don't want Spectrus on their lightsaber and there'll be players who do and you have to change all or none. You also can't just make the new lightsabers in the next May 4th event with Spectrus as then the people who earned the old lightsabers will be missing out. Personally, I think they're fine just the way they are. They're cool enough just being a lightsaber.

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Honeybadger
I agree that it would be unfair to change the lightsabers to spectrus, because players could get spectrus before they are supposed to, and it could be used in dueling. However, I do think it would be cool if there was a separate area only available during the event where you could use the lightsabers. This wouldn't give players an unfair advantage, just another fun use for the lightsaber.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Greetings WizardingDoggo,
Unfortunately, we will be declining your suggestion, as lightsabers are collectables and we do not want to use them for anything else because of this. Lightsabers also do not make sense as something that would be used for combat on Potterworld and they do not fit the feel of PVP on the server.
Have a wonderful day!