DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Lightsabers and Blasters Damage

Brandon_Everard

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Thrashaba
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I personally disagree. They were not designed to be a replacement to magic and spells in the beginning, nor should this aspect be added on top of normal dueling. I feel having both aspects would divide duelers as people will be skilled in blasters and plasma sabers while another population would be skilled in normal magic dueling. The other issue is, people cannot obtain plasma sabers after the event, meaning people around for the event would have an advantage, which isnt right for future players.

Mekala

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Mekala_
Honeybadger Auralock
I personally disagree. They were not designed to be a replacement to magic and spells in the beginning, nor should this aspect be added on top of normal dueling. I feel having both aspects would divide duelers as people will be skilled in blasters and plasma sabers while another population would be skilled in normal magic dueling. The other issue is, people cannot obtain plasma sabers after the event, meaning people around for the event would have an advantage, which isnt right for future players.
I agree with Edwin! I don't think they were meant to replace magic since they're purely event-based items. And since some players who are new or haven't been able to get them for whatever reason would be put at a disadvantage to players that have the plasma sabers. In addition it would also be unfair cause esstientially you would be able to spam the saber vs having cast time for actual spells.

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Good day @ArborlyMink!

Thank you for bringing your suggestion forward to the threads! As we are always on the lookout for new ways to improve our server, your feedback is much appreciated!

While it's a cool idea, we have unfortunately came to the conclusion to decline it at this time. Lightsabers and blasters are purely cosmetic, and adding damage to them would be contradicting to this. It might also give players who have the sabers or blasters an advantage due to differences in the attack speeds of a wand vs a saber/cast times of spells. Also with advantages, everyone has a wand, but not everyone has sabers/blasters.

Regardless of our decision, we really appreciate you bringing your suggestion forward to the threads, take good care of yourself! <3

Kind wishes,
Cate