DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

List of aims and bugs

Nik_Blazius

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Nik_Blazius
Honeybadger
I've already mentioned it in a comment (or more?), but I believe this topic needs a separate thread.

List of what the team is currently working on or will work on
I believe players would understand the aims and arguments of staff members better if we could see what the team is currently working on. Of course not a list of secret updates and surprises, but every goal you mention in the forum could have included in a list. Staff members could also "leak" pictures of what they are currently working on and chat about it in Discord, or there could be a forum section or social media posts about these.
  1. There will be less unnecessary suggestions on something that is happening currently.
  2. While reading the list, another idea could came to our mind, making the progress and the change better.
  3. We could see that the team is really working and it would help us to see promised processes. (communication)
  4. It could help us to understand which task belongs to which department.
  5. We could meet a staff member working on a project and say thank you for them or anything. It would help to destroy the wall between players and staff members.
  6. It would also help Prefects to answer questions regarding to future events and features.
List of known bugs
When I see a bug or a mistake I always consider to report it or not because I don't want to mention it again unnecessarily. A list of known bugs would help us not to disturb staff members with something that a lot of players have already mentioned to them. It would also help to see information and updates about our concerns; it's not what the team currently does (at least I've never got any update from Prefects, although they promised.)
  1. There will be hopefully less questions about bugs, and less redundancy in messages.
  2. A good place players can look at to find information about their concerns.
  3. It could also help Prefects to answer questions regarding to these bugs.

Joshios

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joshios
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I personally do not believe a list of bugs should be publicly shown. That could easily get abused and it would turn into a big mess. Also, head staff sometimes showcase features of upcoming updates. For example, Deniz, the head of Community Management, showcased a new feature he was adding to /me in general chat on the Potterworld Discord a few days ago. In regards to seeing what every department actually does, a suggestion is currently being implemented that will explain all open staff positions. If you need more information, there is a forum post that explains all staff roles.

Nik_Blazius

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Nik_Blazius
Honeybadger
That could easily get abused and it would turn into a big mess.
I see and I agree that these types of bugs should not be public, however there are bugs that doesn't make you any advantage at all. You can also mention a bug without saying exactly what it is. And there are the things you can't decide if it's a bug or it's intentional, especially because it doesn't really affect gameplay. One of the main reasons behind this suggestion is to write something about what happens when we report something and it might be easier to mention it once than PM everyone one-by-one. Personally I'm still waiting for a response about a ticket (several tickets...). And no, these tickets are not from yesterday or last week.
Also, head staff sometimes showcase features of upcoming updates. For example, Deniz, the head of Community Management, showcased a new feature he was adding to /me in general chat on the Potterworld Discord a few days ago.
I know, I saw pictures in Discord (for example before Revelius), but it might be better if we could find them more easily and it would also be an opportunity to get to know with staff members this way.
a suggestion is currently being implemented that will explain all open staff positions. If you need more information, there is a forum post that explains all staff roles.
I know all these opportunities in the website and I understand what they do in general, however we can't see background processes (or any processes?) and we get a small amount of information, which can make a lot of things more difficult or frustrating.

Motionic

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Motionic
Dark Follower Griffin Vampire
Hello @Nik_Blazius! Thank you so much for submitting this suggestion! We truly value players ideas on how to improve communication between players and staff! I will make sure to bring up your suggestions with the other Poltergeists so that we can discuss it further. I will get back to you with our decision once it has been reached. Have a wonderful day!

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Heya!

Apologies for the delay in a reply to this thread! Thank you for bringing this suggestion to us on our feedback and suggestions forums. It's really good to see all of the ideas and thoughts people have for the server.

A list of bugs is not something we would like to release to players. Sharing the bugs we currently have on the server will open up the possibility that players will abuse these bugs, which we do not want to encourage. Even sharing bugs that have previously been an issue means that we risk players finding new ways to abuse glitches. Additionally, this list would need constant updating, and we would prefer to spend this time and energy elsewhere. We would also not want to do a list of our aims and what we're working on. This too would need constant manual updating. Besides what we have mentioned in replies to suggestions on the forums, we would like to keep the things we're working on a surprise for when they are released. If we were to release something like this, players might become impatient when things on the list take a long time to release, or upset when things are possibly taken off the list/changed. We will show teasers and sneak peaks when we are able to. Because of the above reasons, we will be declining this suggestion. Thank you once again!