DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

London NPC

Sinelius

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Sinelius
Honeybadger
Heyo,
One of the most frequently asked things on the server is "How to get to London?"
Mostly its from people who haven't unlocked London and I think I've got an idea how to solve the problem a bit at least.

There would be an npc in the Great Hall entrance area (or courtyard) that, when clicked on, tells you the ways you can get to London (the train station). Basically directing you to the carriage across the bridge and the boathouse too.
They would be an npc that holds a luggage item or something to visually indicate travel so newcomers know its that npc.
Plus it would be a lot easier to direct people to an npc to explain everything than to use chat and do it yourself all the time. Instead just saying something like "Talk to Johnny on how to get to London!/Train station!"
Cheers 😊

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
In this instance, regarding the NPC, perhaps add the London location to Scarlett? This is an already implemented NPC, which saves the need for another character. An example text could be "In order to travel, you first need to unlock quest X". On the other hand I really enjoy the idea of visual additions like the luggage you suggested.

I do agree with the fact that London is a relatively frequently asked location.

Anyhow, have an awesome day :heart:

Kind regards,
KipxSateee.

Queeeni

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: morrgannn
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello @Sinelius,

Thank you for taking the time to create this suggestion! We are always looking for ways in which we can improve the server for our player base. I will bring this suggestion up with the staff team and I will send you a response as soon as possible!

Have a great day/night!

Queeeni

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: morrgannn
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello @Sinelius,

I am here to let you know that this suggestion has been accepted, as this is something that we would like to do. We do notice that a lot of players ask in chat about London, and since London is such an important location, we definitely think that this idea could help players get to London without having to ask in chat for help. We will not be adding this as a location to Scarlett, as she gives a lot of information already. Instead, we will look into adding this in the form of an NPC hopefully sometime soon. Again, we thank you for taking the time to create this suggestion!

Have a great day/night!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya @Sinelius!

On behalf of the Poltergeist team, we'd like to thank you for making this suggestion and sharing it with us, as we value the feedback and suggestions from the community in order to improve the server! I'd also like to inform you that this suggestion has been completed quite some time ago and it has been implemented!

We hope that you continue to create more suggestions! Have a fantastic day!