DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Main Character Quests

Rosieonyx

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: RosieOnyx
Honeybadger Auralock
2f24bfe1374f44b0763bcd9a668318ea.png
Hai hai! Terribly sorry if this is getting bothersome however, I think adding more quests that put the player in a more main character position would be wonderful. Not only could you make more detailed or unique quests, but this is also a good chance for another way for players to ear xp, especially before graduation. They would be less chores around a town, and more go do this or get through this cave and collect this much from the normal mobs but also beat the boss bc we need a part from them too, like the Siren quest. Also, more puzzles like puzzle box puzzles or escape room puzzles. Generally more, do this for a good cause, type quests instead of go help this random person like one or twice. Similar to the healing wizard questline but on a more, saving the wizarding world scale.

The quests would be probably throughout the 2nd-7th year and maybe also beyond graduation and they'd tell a single story. If you'd like the story to be personalized then you could add dialogue option or different paths. If you wanted to do the most work, you could even have it where players can pick a main character's story they wanna be like, as in Harry's or Ron's, Hermione's, Luna's etc etc. Also, this is a great chance to add more cutscenes since I think you guys handle them beautifully. And, to make the cutscenes and quests even better, they could be interactive with the dialogue options of other personality's like coward, loony, or smart etc.

This would also gives players another thing to do that actually puts a sense of... idk duty in them? Something that attaches them to the world and characters and lore. It is more work but the payoff could be great I feel. And if xp is an issue, they can give a modest amount instead of a large amount. Thanks for reading and considering my suggestions, just want to say I appreciate you all.

--- Rosie ♥

Last edited:

cheddarsoup

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: cheddarsoup
Auralock Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Would love to see some boss fights worked into the quests but knowing the state of the server right now these would probably be skippable because they're "too hard" and "unfair" for people who aren't as good.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
Would love to see some boss fights worked into the quests but knowing the state of the server right now these would probably be skippable because they're "too hard" and "unfair" for people who aren't as good.
A lot of quests have bosses but due to gear changes they became too easy. For example the Valdemar boss used to be much harder before but due to all the changes, it's washed up now. The only bosses that meet the expectations rn imo are the rising healer bosses (the 3 mobs in the hospital) bc they were made after the gear changes/talents.

Rosieonyx

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: RosieOnyx
Honeybadger Auralock
Which is fine tbh. The quests rn are technically optional if you don't want the extra exp or gold they give. These quests would probably be like that but hopefully they'd be like the Rising Healer quest and be harder and more of a challenge for players who do want that.

Also, this may be really optimistic, but I was thinking on it more and they could make it where you're friends could do it with you. Like a kind of party system, other than asking in /ch quests for other players help, you and your friend/friends could work together to complete the quests since they would be harder.

Wildsam

Animorphus
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Wildsam
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Helper Arena Grandmaster SPEW Drooble's Order
While a lot of different ideas were suggested in this thread, I'll focus on the main one you talked about, being the "main quests". In a previous Droobletalk episode, the end of the official roleplay storyline was announced and it was explained it was done to leave space for the future Main Storyline. I suggest you go take a look at it!

More info here: Droobletalk - Systems Blog #1 | PotterworldMC - YouTube

cheddarsoup

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: cheddarsoup
Auralock Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
A lot of quests have bosses but due to gear changes they became too easy. For example the Valdemar boss used to be much harder before but due to all the changes, it's washed up now. The only bosses that meet the expectations rn imo are the rising healer bosses (the 3 mobs in the hospital) bc they were made after the gear changes/talents.
Yeah I meant real boss fights

MelonFoxy

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MelonFoxy
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Lore Master Poltergeist
Hello, @Rosieonyx!

I am happy to inform you that this suggestion has been accepted and put on hold! We are adding multiple layers of questing and interactivity to the Main Storyline. This will be done in the further future as a part of Potterworld 2.0.

Thank you for making this suggestion, and have a magical day!