DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Make 1.14 warnings mandatory!

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
I attend a lot of classes, and my personal favourite has always been theory classes - I love getting O+s, house points and that 30ac which helps me with that desperate climb to my next level.
There is something about theory classes that tears my heart up every time I see it - 1.14.
If you're not familiar, (although I'm sure most professors are), 1.14 has a 'book crash' glitch that causes you to crash while using books. A massive part of theory classes.

I see so many people who crash in class, and I know some people missed out on that class because they don't see a point in trying to join back.
Some people may even be completely uninterested in classes for quite a while after that.
Some people may even be completely uninterested in Potterworld for quite a while after that.

It's sad, it's really sad. So I try and do stuff to help!
Whenever I see someone leave the class, I message them really quickly asking if they were in 1.14.
Whenever I see someone saying they crashed from the class and would like to be added back, I message them really quickly asking if they were in 1.14
When a class is about to start, I tell people multiple times to switch to 1.13 or ideally 1.12.2 but I always feel like by doing that I'm just annoying people and I don't want to be annoying people.

Still, to me, there is something more annoying than me having to repeat over and over again and almost flood chat with my warnings about 1.14 before a class starts - the fact that professors don't mention it already.

This suggestion is ridiculously simple. There is no reason not to add it. It takes no time to implement. It can only do good, and it takes no effort.
All I'm asking is that you tell professors to mention at the start of class, that they should switch from 1.14 to 1.13 or 1.12.2. Tell them that if they need to switch, that to /msg (professor) or (class helper) and they will be added back to the class with no punishment whatsoever.
All I'm asking is that you tell professors and class helpers that 1.14 warnings are mandatory!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello and thank you for your suggestion Mallaidh!
I will pass on your idea to the other Poltergeists, we will discuss it and get back to you with a response.
Have a wonderful day!

YeetChris

Caretaker
Staff
Minecraft IGN: YeetChris
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Class Helper SPEW
Howdy! Yes, I hate this glitch so much! I personally feel terrible for those who have this happen. I hope this glitch gets fixed in the future!! TY for warning people about the glitch, super kind of you!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello @Mallaidh ,
Thank you for your suggestion! We do really appreciate any feedback players bring up to us.
Unfortunately, we have decided to decline your suggestion at this time. We do not feel like this is the solution worth pursuing as we do not want to expect Professors to mention this every class. Instead, we would like to look at why the issues with 1.14 happen and work on ways of preventing this from happening. That is also the reason for why we have disabled 1.14 and you can look at further reasoning in this thread.
Thanks again and have a wonderful day!