DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Make chat separate for each world

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
This would be rlly awkward really because if you're trying to communicate with someone online but not knowing they are in a diff world then you'd have to change world and helping people in different worlds would become a pain and you'd basically have to have an equal amount of staff per world to make it fair. It would just make everything feel more disconnected, boring and confusing - especially for newer players. It wud also make advertisement or any sort of roleplay and trade almost impossible to do

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
I'm sorry, I'm afraid I don't like this idea. The amount of times people ask for help and someone from a different world picks it up and helps them. Like Matty said - this would dissociate and disorientate the server. That is just my opinion though :) Maybe some people see the benefit in this change!

arne ☾

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: tqrpiar
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lead Lore Master Lead
I'll have to join the others in this, I think this isn't really that good of an idea
Sure, the chats are very chaotic from time to time but making it world only makes it really difficult to communicate with friends and trying to help others out
As Matty said, then that'd mean staff would have to spread themselves out and that'd simply be too difficult for them to do so

I'm personally a fan of just keeping them the way they are, /ch leave exists after all

Chriss

Dragonologist
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: ChrissShock
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW Drooble's Order
I don't think this would be a good idea as it would be difficult to moderate all of the worlds, as there is around 6 a day. That's really the only thing I see wrong with this, it is 5am for me right now so I might not have thought of everything.

~Luka
:heart:

I'm sorry, but I totally disagree with this idea, because communication (that is a very big part of the server) would be limited. This wouldn't be nice, yeah, it would be even terrible.

Hoeqq

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: simpingforjay
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire SPEW
I get your idea but like a few others have been saying it'd be awkward and too much work for the staff, I understand that sometimes the chat can be chaotic and spam but there's a reason that /ch leave is a thing :)

FlatJambo

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: FlatJambo
Honeybadger Auralock
I share the same opinion. I love being able to talk to all my friends at once, and we are often in different worlds. Only 50 people can be in one world at once, and most of my friends are spread throughout many different worlds.

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hello Sinelius, as well as everyone who has commented!

Thanks for the suggestion that you have brought up to us! Unfortunately it has been declined at this time. A large part of the server is the playerbase and the community, and very often players from different worlds communicate to talk or help each other, whether that be through global, trade, roleplay, quests chat etc. If a player needed help on one world and there was no one to help them on that world, they may not receive the help that they need that they could get from a player from another world. Additionally, having separate chats per world would make moderating chats a lot harder, as there would be 2-6 chats to moderate depending on how many worlds there are, as opposed to one. Once again, thank you for the suggestion - we really appreciate seeing your thoughts and ideas!