DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Make Defender Easier Maybe (idk)

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
Okay, I hope that this will turn into more of a thread of ideas seen as im not much of a qball player but every time I have played theres normally a decent passer and its hard as a defender to well... defend. Whats expected really is that we:
- decipher where the ball is going (which net)
- turn around and hope we're looking in the right place
- shoot a net at a ONE BLOCK PLACE (seen as hitting inside doesnt work)
- have the ball come back straight again, possibly before even the cooldown stops
and u have to calculate all that in like 3 seconds

- and it was probably all just a hoax from the passer anyway because you cant see where they go when ur turned around trying to shoot a big beam at smth
The grab technique doesnt really work at all against good players as its a short in the dark that the passer can usually take advantage of anyway and they are mostly just outside the box anyway leaving you blinded and not enjoying playing
Idk how to fix it or if this is true but ya (maybe the defender shud actually be able to pick the ball up from the ground as a start)
and also pls say if its just my trash skills

Last edited:

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
ok so defender is definitely doable. id recommend starting in the top left forward corner (In a manner you can see all three goals at once). then only block when the passer shoots and steal if they go within the box. the major issue with defenders being able to pick the ball up off the ground is rn there is a glitch that a passer can use pick up ball to pick a throw ball out of the goal if they get it before it registers as a goal which is just toxic, i dont wanna see defenders able to do it as well, ur definitely right tho defender is a pretty hard roll to pick up

Lilian

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: Liyl
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
ok so defender is definitely doable. id recommend starting in the top left forward corner (In a manner you can see all three goals at once). then only block when the passer shoots and steal if they go within the box. the major issue with defenders being able to pick the ball up off the ground is rn there is a glitch that a passer can use pick up ball to pick a throw ball out of the goal if they get it before it registers as a goal which is just toxic, i dont wanna see defenders able to do it as well, ur definitely right tho defender is a pretty hard roll to pick up
def passer turning into just def has to be the scariest thing

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
yeah tbf I find the most annoying thing is just the aim required to actually shoot the bubble thing on top of the incredibly short amount of time u have to predict where its going, and some of the time, even if you hit the outside of the hoop, the ball can still go in and obviously when u hit the inside of it too, against a capable passer its almost impossible as they can trick you whilst you cant trick them back and u have to just hope for the best as you can only cover 2 hoops at best

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Sr. Poltergeist
Heya @MattyPoltergeist !

Thank you for bringing up this suggestion! I'm pleased to let you know that this suggestion has been accepted and completed! In the most recent Quabbleball update, we made the Defender position a lot easier. Using the shield is a lot easier now, and if there are any further suggestions on the position after playing it with the new update, players can make a new suggestion on the forums. Therefore, this suggestion has been marked complete.

Thank you once again for this suggestion and I hope you have a magical day. :serpent: