DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Make /Gear concealable

Would you make your Gear concealable? [Votes are anonymous]

• Yes, I would use this if it was implemented.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No, but I like the idea.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • No - Think it's an unnecessary change.

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
[Please read through the thread prior to voting!]

With the server being very competitive-orientated when it comes to Duelling - with Challenges and Tournaments and so on - I think people should have the ability to conceal their gear set up. At the moment anyone can check your weaknesses and although this isn't necessarily a bad thing as it is balanced and anyone can check anyone's gear atm - I think it is something you should have to work out mid duel rather than being able to prepare yourself for it. And, in turn, by being able to conceal your gear, you could make tactics in your teams to try and create an advantage over another team, using your gear set ups.

Edit - this idea is meant as a toggleable command by the player to hide their gear, only as an when they want to.

Last edited:

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Eh I am not a super competitive dueler, but I have found this feature to be very useful for either learning about possible gear pieces by studying what others use and just seeing someone's gear level (its an easy way to check what progress they are, like if they are wearing level 60+ gear they should have some idea what they are doing)

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
Eh I am not a super competitive dueler, but I have found this feature to be very useful for either learning about possible gear pieces by studying what others use and just seeing someone's gear level (its an easy way to check what progress they are, like if they are wearing level 60+ gear they should have some idea what they are doing)
Yes agree - I was thinking toggleable by the player. So if you still want people to see they can, but you can hide it if you want!
Also regarding knowing what they are doing, I was thinking more if you wanted to take more Jinx damage but have increased buffs elsewhere. You don't want you competitor to be able to see you take more jinx damage until you're mid duel, if they know prior - they can prepare a better spell tree and better gear to best you.

Last edited:

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
It's not about me checking other peoples - It's other people checking mine - or yours if you were bothered about it for example! Have you read the replies in the thread so far? I make it clearer in one of my reply.

If someone didn't conceal their gear and I was 1v1ing them in a tournament - I wouldn't look away, I would get as much info as I could to beat them, but that's why I'm saying I think it should be toggleable for people who want it, or not.

Last edited:

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I like the idea of hiding your gear from other players, especially if these players are duelers who want to keep what they're wearing a secret if they had a good combination of gear.

I guess a good reason for doing this is to hide the amount of HP a player has too? I don't know if that's useful for dueling, but if someone was really into gear and figures out how much HP their spells can remove from a player, then maybe they could figure out how many hits it would take to defeat someone.

If they added the option to show a player's gear then there should at least be an option to hide it.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello, @Joe_Magus!

Thank you for creating your suggestion, as we’re always looking for ways to improve the server and make it fun and fair for everyone! I’ll bring it up to the staff team and send a response to you as soon as possible!

Have a great day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello @Joe_Magus!

Thank you again for taking the time and consideration for making this suggestion! I've returned to inform you that this suggestion has been declined because we do not think it would make dueling fairer. We believe seeing gear has to be either for everyone or for nobody to truly make it fair. While we do see the player's point that hiding your gear from your opponents is an advantage due to strategy, we don't necessarily think this is too important and doesn't influence the outcome of a duel too much. A player's skill and knowledge of their opponent's style or tactics can be a lot more valuable and generally, duelers don't really change their gear sets often just because they face different opponents. Additionally, this suggestion has not received much support (the thread's poll) from the player base.

Regardless of this, we hope that you continue to share more suggestions with us in the near future, as we're more than happy to find ways to improve the server. Thank you once again and I hope you have a good day!