DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Make Store Hats Adjustable

RainbowElfe

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: RainbowElfe
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
When you buy store items such as any variation of glasses, many skins don't work with the placement of the hats. They can often be too low or too high, and it's disappointing knowing such a cool hat to wear is unusable with your skin. I think it would be nice to have adjustable hats so you can fix how high/low your glasses are so that they fit your skin. If custom adjusting isn't possible, there is also the option of having a few fixed but extra options for height, like how there's a 2x1 and 2x2 option for blinking eyes.

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
The position of custom items is defined by the resource pack in the .json file. And while making custom item for each position sounds like an easy task, it'd not only require a reposition of the model but additional coding for the models as well. And it would also occupy more slots (as in, the items are diamond shovels and hoes, which have 1500+ slots each, however the usage of those is kept to a minimum due to future updates)

It would be nice to have fitting models, however, I don't think it'll happen for reasons stated in a similar post

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Greetings @RainbowElfe!

Thank you for bringing your suggestion to Potterworld! As we are always on the lookout for new ways to make our server a better place, your idea is very appreciated!

Unfortunately at this time we will be declining your suggestion. For the reason, we would need to use a new model slot for each and every change, additionally there would need remodeling for some hats if they were to be customizable.

To make more sense out of this, I have created an example!

In this example, I'm using the sunglasses. Here's what they would look like on my character:

Issue is, if I wanted to have them propped onto my head:
It would require quite a few changes. For example in the render, I raised the model up a bit, as well as tilted it. If we were to do this to all sunglasses and a few hats, it would cause us to potentially run out of open spaces for models quicker.

However, if we do find that a hat is causing issues for a lot of skins, we will implement changes in them so that they are accessible for all players! We would not want to see others having a disadvantage because of the skin they're wearing.

Hope this all makes sense. Once again thank you for making your suggestion, take care and I hope you have a magical day! <3

Best wishes,
Cate

Last edited: