DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Make the ender chest in the Great Hall closet and like all ender chests anywhere tbh into this bag thing in common rooms

Mateo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: daance
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent SPEW
Ender chests aren't really a harry potter thing, and there already exists a handbag in common rooms which opens your ender chest and does the same thing, so why not make all ender chest blocks into this thing so you effectively remove ender chests are a concept from the server which would make it more immersive bc they would be a real object which exists in HP which is the handbag!
1632062490412.png
1632062637339.png

Last edited:

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
I feel like the ender chest is more newcomer friendly, since it has the same functions as in vanilla Minecraft. Meanwhile the handbag looks more like a tipped vase. After all, isn't it just a spell that can be applied to any storage container ?

Mateo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: daance
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent SPEW
I feel like the ender chest is more newcomer friendly, since it has the same functions as in vanilla Minecraft. Meanwhile the handbag looks more like a tipped vase. After all, isn't it just a spell that can be applied to any storage container ?
I don't really think that is an issue - after all I don't believe beaded handbags are officially introduced in the intro or something, so like sure people can see the ender chest and think its for storage, but this block still has particles so the player would likely try to click it. I mean, after all, you could argue that the current bags in the common rooms look like tipped vases and not friendly, so how would the people know those there work? Well, people will most likely just click them and find out, especially as it's the first place people go to on the real world and not intro - their common room. They first encounter them there out in the open and will know what that bag does in future encounters - like the Great Hall closet. GD is also working on redoing the first year I think I heard in the qna to make it more like a walkthrough and show people how the server works, so that would be a perfect opportunity to introduce the player to the ender chest system, and let them know that the sparkling bags are storage.

Overall, I get what you mean and I know you're probably not saying to leave them as-is, and just offering a different perspective, but ya that's what I think on it so I don't believe it'd be a big issue or at all c:

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
Ender chests aren't really a harry potter thing, and there already exists a handbag in common rooms which opens your ender chest and does the same thing, so why not make all ender chest blocks into this thing so you effectively remove ender chests are a concept from the server which would make it more immersive bc they would be a real object which exists in HP which is the handbag!
View attachment 2040 View attachment 2041
Lol ender chest is probably the most harry potter thing that Minecraft can offer. I think the block looks really nice as well, it's like a mysterious box.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya @Mateo!

Thank you for creating this suggestion, as we're always searching for ways to improve the server! I'll bring up this suggestion to the rest of the Poltergeist team for further discussion, and once a decision has been made by the Leadership team, I'll return to you with a response!

Have a lovely day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya again @Mateo,

Thank you again for making this suggestion and sharing it with us! After discussing it with the Leadership team, they have decided to decline it, unfortunately. While we understand the reasoning behind the suggestion, there is already a consistent use of ender chests in other locations like classes, Community Engagements, and other places. Additionally, as already mentioned in this thread, we agree that it would help newer players have something familiar to use before potentially moving on to using beaded handbags.

We hope you understand our decision. If you have any other suggestions or feedback, please don't hesitate to share them with us, as we're always looking for ways to improve the server! Have a good day!